1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So where's the Danny Eslick thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

outside prevention is less effective than the one from within

Gorilla George, Rico888 and t11ravis like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Undeniably true.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I hope he gets the help he seemingly needs. Hopefully, it’s his wake up call.

JBraun likes this.
  4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

When I am being an uptight little bitch my wife will force me to drink three Tom Collinses. Then I get all relaxed, expansive, magnanimous, generous and hilarious. Good looking, too.

The next day is a bit of a pisser, though.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not the first call and he hasn't answered the phone yet. I'm afraid it's going to take something really bad. Or the right woman*, if he's lucky.

* Not saying anything against the current woman. I meant one who's actually going to make him want to change.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Fortunately for me the only alcohol that does that to me is Canadian whiskey. It has been about 30 years since I have had even a single drink of that devil water.

7. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

:stupid:

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not how I thought that was going to go.

I figured it was similar to my spilled drink charges. I was 19, drunk at a concert, and carrying two beers. I bumped into some tough looking dude on my way through the crowd and spilled beer on his back. He was understandably irritated, and gave me the stink eye and a "what the fuck, dude?" Instead of a swift apology, my teenage ego got all inflamed and told him to get over it and called him a pussy for good measure. Next thing I know we're nose to nose (because never back down right? :rolleyes:) and he was still kind enough to simply tell me to "walk away".

Well I didn't. He put his hand in the middle of my chest to push me away, so I slapped it away and took a swing. When I woke up, I was being handcuffed. I went to jail and was charged with assault and underage drinking. He went home with his smoking hot girlfriend and a funny story to tell his friends.

At least the police got that one right...

Chino52405 and britx303 like this.
  9. From a guy who drank a lot and quit drinking, unless someone wants to quit they won’t. Yes they will stop because either they have to or think they can just take a break from it. If they don’t truly want to quit they will go right back and in my experience after you “stop” drinking for a while you drink a lot more when you start back up. It’s clear from past incidents he does some pretty stupid stuff when he’s drinking, a couple of those incidents had some pretty big direct impacts on the sport and people’s livelihood. I wish him all the best as it’s tough to watch stuff happen like has happened to him (caused by him).

Gorilla George and Britt like this.
  10. And not the first time that’s happened either, a handful of years ago so no idea if it’s the same chick he was with for quite a while. Also wouldn’t post if info wasn’t valid. He’s a guy that clearly shouldn’t drink as the handful of times I’ve been out with him he’s like a first or last drinker. Goes balls out and doesn’t know when to stop, takes one to know one which is what drove me to quit. I was lucky and didn’t have any legal incidents etc I’d just had enough of drinking.

VFR#52, G 97 and Britt like this.
  11. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

But that's how we know, Justice......... Is,,, "Just Us"

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Isnt that a line from a song?...... “there is no justice........just us!” :beer:

t11ravis likes this.
  13. britx303

Yeah, you deserved the cuffs that night:D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We haven't heard the other side of your story. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  15. 392

392 Well-Known Member

I thought earlier in the thread it was implied he was a “good dude” and many other posts were of people standing up for him?

most of who replied don’t know Danny. Speaking to him and saying 5-10 words walking by is not knowing someone. I have stories of things he has done that may be funny to some if you’re a 16 year old immature kid, but just the lack of respect to others and their property. Just because you’re drinking doesn’t absolve it.

I’ll just call it what it is... wasted talent. That has been his story for years. Acting like a dumbass was more important to him than racing. Again, shame because of the natural talent he had. The people who actually know him, deep down would agree.

VFR#52, drop, The Great One and 3 others like this.
  16. britx303

Post #89.......:moon: :D

17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Damn skinheads.:crackup:

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

100%, but it was worth it. Suffering the indignity of getting thrown in jail for getting my ass whooped was quite good for me at that time. May have been the first step toward growing up. Maybe Slick just needs a few more reminders than I did. :D

britx303 and SGVRider like this.
  19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Reminds me of a night out bowling I had some years ago. Yuengling pitchers were like BOGO or something so we got a little silly. Eventually, I look at my buddy Rob and tell him to help me pick out someone that would be a good fight for me. I wasn't angry or anything, was actually smiling and laughing but also somewhat serious. For some reason, at that moment, I thought a little impromptu sparring match would just be fun. Rob looked at me and said "I got a better idea. How about I just beat your ass? At least I'll stop before you end up in a hospital and I won't press charges." Though also drunk, he was obviously a bit annoyed at the stupidity of my proposal. All I could do is tuck my tail and go sit down and shut up. Not sure why that memory stuck with me as it is pretty trivial. But now it makes me laugh.

badmoon692008, Phl218 and JBraun like this.
  20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's a good friend!