1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Give Him An A For Effort

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Jul 2, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The road I live on has a ditch that runs down my side of the road and it is very unforgiving to those who wander to the right. In the last few weeks, it caught a carload of kids 300 yards west of my house and they took down a pole. No injuries but I lost power for 10 hours. Then about a week later the ditch right in front of my house caught one about 3 am. When he reached my driveway he was launched about 30 feet, taking out my mailbox. He managed to drive away (probably drunk) but he left a lot of pieces scattered over a wide area.
    Then tonight, at about 7, the ditch caught one about 150 yards east of me, the same scenario, he went down into the ditch (just the passenger-side wheels) and when he reached the point where a driveway goes over the ditch he got launched, and once again I was without power.
    Here's the impressive part. Even though there was a power pole about 20 feet past the driveway, the car missed it completely. He took out the power when his car actually hit the power lines.
    That's some impressive height.
    Reportedly he was only doing about 50 (in a 35) so not really a lot of speed.
    Power was back on by 9:30.

The End

beechkingd likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

you need some cameras in front of the house.

Or on the power pole.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Put a claim in against their insurance for what the power surge and sudden loss destroyed in your house.

The older samsung 72" plasma TV that I can send you, the blowed up Harmon Kardon receiver I have in the basement, the blown up marshall plexi in my basement. . .

Stupid should hurt.

GarrettRick likes this.
  4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Well, i'd post a "General Lee" gif, but I don't want another "vacation" :D

5axis, aaronson, R1M370 and 5 others like this.
  5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Wtf. How wide is this road and how do people randomly wander into this ditch on a frequent basis. As a product of dirt roads, rallying cars:trucks in high school etc I can’t imagine how tricky/bad/narrow this road is. Can we get some pictures?

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Good grief, that is a straight road of decent width. That is some bad driving.

Britt likes this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

. Once you're off the pavement though, you get sucked right in. Especially at night.

And yes.... You definitely should have some cameras with decent coverage or there.. Those should be some epic flights.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

After a 12 pak there is no such thing as a straight road....

scottn, wheelz96 and joec like this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

I could have sworn you were talking about a single lane road

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The real question is, now that we all know IYC's address, are we all gonna send him care packages a la MetalHead? :crackup::crackup:

Pretty cool, though, that those are literally the same woods that Robert Frost stopped by on that snowy evening... :beer:

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

I thought the only paved roads in NH were 93, 106, and parts of nhms.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Petition the PUC to underground your utilities in the area. It'll be cheaper than replacing poles so often.

14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

That mailbox was already about to fall down...

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

dude.
    You're a mod. delete both these posts.

16. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Picture the situation entirely different then what he posted. :D

I was picturing dirt road with clapped out cars dirt tracking around.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I posted a YT link in the YT thread last might of idiots in cars.
    There was one like IYC...hit drain pipe folded car in half and it went flying past home security camera. Plus car was on fire after hit.
    I almost peed myslef.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm in. Imma send a bag o dicks.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    4F1B3A4A-DAC2-4EFA-BAF2-23AEAC5EDCC1.jpeg

5279EEAA-E17C-4A01-9633-68EB69F9BBA3.jpeg

I hope I can post this car. LOL