1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El Camino's

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I always thought it was funny that everyone lambasted the hell out of Pontiac for all of the plastic cladding on their cars, so GM put the exact same garbage on the Avalanche.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Good song

skidooboy likes this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Maybe the X-Runner model.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LOL man they are bringing decent prices for shitboxes!!!

I have a 60 Elky Project that I want to finish, but I wanna drive NOW!
    I got my dad his 71Ss 454 and he damn near daily drives it.
    So now I got a G-Body. I will never own the big ole ugly years.

5. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I had a GF one time who was a teacher. Had summers off so she mowed lawns, excellent tan, decent workout, made some cash.

Me thinking I'm a good guy offered to buy her a 72' El Camino that a guy I knew had to haul her lawn care stuff. She flipped the F out at the idea. I will have one some day for that reason alone.

It won't be "nice". I'm thinking 70s Streetfreak, all jacked up with aluminum slots and N-50s on the rear. Tunnelram or something as equally impractical sticking through the hood.

5axis and lee955i like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

iagsxr likes this.
  7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Attached Files:

Wingnut and iagsxr like this.
  8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

YamahaRick likes this.
  10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

11. Robby-Bobby

You can actually build a 700R4 to take some good abuse.
    Super popular due to Overdrive.

12. nigel smith

Caleb and I just got done with a 64 C10 project. The 700R4 makes it a lot more useable for that very reason. Now get over here and buy some race bikes from me. The c10 needs a blower.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think of the Taco as a daily driver / Everyman pickup. Did the El Camino fit the same market space?

14. Robby-Bobby

Call or text me!

I know there’s a 150r over there but what else ya got? I’m almost ready to start fixing stuff up again

15. sdg

sdg *

That's my opinion. Love the El Camino, doesn't handle so great, love the taco, handles great for what it is.

16. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

GM had to do something with the leftovers after Pontiac folded.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m pretty sure the designer at GM who made the Avalanche spent considerable time sketching out toy trucks at Nylint. Poor fucker couldn’t even get a job at Tonka, it’s only natural he’d land at GM. :D

18. nigel smith

IMG_20200704_104114_hdr.jpg Speaking of Tonka trucks, I have owned this classic since the late Sixties. Real American steel!

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Don't know what year it was, but I saw a VERY clean El Camino last night at an intersection after leaving Burger King. Made me think of this thread. Probably headed home from some car club night at a local parking lot....they have them a lot in this area during the Summer on Friday nights.
    White with a black rally stripe in the middle....that baby was pristine.

20. Chonchito

Chonchito Active Member

Just having this one finished up. Small block stroker w/supercharger , independent rear suspension. It was originally done by a friends father around 25 years ago, I purchased it around 7 years ago after sitting in our storage building for as long as I can remember. Needed to be restored again but since its been inside the whole time it wasn't that difficult. Color change and some wheels and good to go. I was never and El Camino fan but always liked this one.

Attached Files: