1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bike goggles with glasses

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, Jul 2, 2020.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Anyone have a recommendation for a pair of goggles that work well with glasses? I see glasses marketed as being "Over The Glasses" like these: https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/100-accuri-over-the-glasses-goggles/

I stopped into my local shop that specializes in dirt bikes and they tell me no one makes OTG goggles anymore and some people have success just getting a larger pair of goggles.

Anyone have a pair that have worked well for them?

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I liked the SCOTT OTG goggles I used many years ago. Seems they still list an OTG on their website, called the Split OTG, lol They even make light sensitive lenses for them now. Cool!

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a bit perplexed why the guy at the shop said that. He even said they get lots of requests for them. Dirt bikes are their main business so you'd think they would know what is available.

Those Scott goggles are a good price too. I'll have to order a pair.

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Those 100% have a different frame that the stems can go through. I don't have glasses but I sell a bunch of the 100% and don't get any bad feedback.

5. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I currently wear 100% brand OTG. They've done very well.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Why not an ADV helmet? I just got a HJC DS-X1. Nice lid.
    Goggle and glasses just don't work when you are sweating balz. :)

cpettit likes this.
  8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'd consider that. I'm just getting into the dirt biking so I don't have much equipment, but I would like to eventually do some hare scrambles.

What are the pros and cons between a dirtbike helmet/goggle combo and the ADV helmet when you're out on the trail for a couple of hours at a time?

9. Spooner

Have you looked into Lasik?

An ADV helmet would be super hot to use and there's no tear offs for them either. Stick to goggles with glasses.

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I have and was told I was not a candidate. I would be super reluctant to do it even if I was eligible. I also have contacts but rarely wear them and I'm much more comfortable with glasses.

11. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

ADV helmet is great for some riding and if you run into rain or lots of pavement. the disadvantage is if you get into much dust at all, it tends to coat the inside of the shield and you can't see sh*t.

Two guys I ride with swear by prescription glasses that are more like a goggle- "7 eye" Bora is what one uses.

I'm going to try a pair of safety glasses on our ride next week. light tint, foam around the edges of the eyes to keep dust and debris out, and should flow more air and be comfortable. Will see how it works. I got a pair on amazon for $9. Pramex Proximity glasses.

12. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

This;
    https://rxgoggles.com/
    I've been using them for years. RX insert fits inside regular goggles and is quick and easy to remove and reinstall. Just send them your RX and pick the brand of goggles you use or you can buy as a package with the goggle of your choice.

13. Spooner

Yeah this is what I would do all day long over running glasses. Get some 100% Armega goggles and you will be loving life.

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've been using an RX insert for a year now, love it, sourced it through Lens Crafters.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Both of my adv shields have tear off posts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I didn't even think about the prescription insert idea. I had something like that for my scuba mask. That really does seem like the way to go, especially when you think about fogging.

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

You could rock some rec specs as well. I wear safety glasses (done need prescription glasses) sometimes when it’s hot. Goggles piss me off in less than perfect conditions.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey Nick which 100% googles are the ones for peeps wearing glasses?

19. Spooner

You need to try some good goggles then, they really make a difference. If you were local I'd let you demo some stuff that would blow your mind haha!

20. Spooner

They have two versions, the Strata and Accuri. Its the same frame shape but you get 3 layer foam and a better strap on the accuri, and single layer foam with a thinner strap on the Strata. On either one I highly recommend upgrading the lens to their injection molded 'plus' lens. Much better clarity over a lexan lens. Its one of those things that until you've tried them you don't know what you have been missing. They are safer too which is never a bad thing.