1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Politely GFY

Discussion in 'General' started by The, Jun 30, 2020.

1. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

...when that guy at work asks to borrow your race trailer because he needs to move or pick up a lawn mower. AYFKM???

Pixelator and TLR67 like this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

you should be a better friend to your co-workers. maybe he needs to borrow some tools and a ramp, too.

Gorilla George and joec like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Is there something of his that you could borrow in trade?

Girlfriend? House? Back yard to throw a party?

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

The OP states he ~is~ the baddest mofo in town.

Leroy Brown, welcome to the WERA BBS!

wsmc42 and Britt like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

i offer my 6x12 trailer to everyone and the world.

but i also don't race no more, so there's that.

nobody gets my camping crib tho.

BigBird likes this.
  6. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Maybe unfortunate timing if the bearings need replacing?

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

So you would allow @Metalhead to shyt in your camper?

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No.
    But he could shat in the 6x12.....

BigBird and cav115 like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

tell him Uhaul does a bang up job of renting...lol

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

no and yes

the 6x12 came with the race bike i started out with. it's been through various moves, hauls and whatnot. i simply don't care. it's paid for itself multiple times, i thought about selling it at some point since a white brick is somewhat an eyesore in the back yard, but who are we kidding, you can't sell a trailer.

OldSwartout and TurboBlew like this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’ll pass that info on for him to shyt away!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  12. joec

joec brace yourself

That's not really what your coworker is asking though.. He wants your help to go pick up this tractor. He knows you're not going to just loan him there trailer. So he knows hell talk you into going with him to get it in your truck. So I'm with Ken in this one.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Does he drive or own something that would actually tow the trailer?

Bet he wants to use your tow vehicle as well.

14. Is he a decent person? If so who cares, go and help him
    Move it. If he’s the dude that steals people’s food and backstabs people tell him to get f’ed but If he’s a decent guy help him out. Certain things I don’t let people borrow because they either won’t know how to use it or think they do and will hurt themselves (or my Ktm doesn’t get loaned to just anyone as it can to be a handful if you don’t have any throttle control and will certainly loop it just gassing it). I’ve loaned out my Jeep that was just a couple years old at the time and probably $60k or so into to a coworker who was going camping and his kids love my Jeep. But... him being him told him stay on gentle trails and no serious off roading and that was because of his lack of knowledge.
    WTF is wrong with people not wanting to help each other? It’s a trailer, let him know if he damages it he pays to fix it as a caveat. I took out a buddies new (left over 2019) Well over $100k wakeboard boat yesterday that has 12 hours on it. I also know if I f something up that bills on me. It had about half tank of gas so I brought it back full, made sure it was clean, checked the oil. Etc for him (he’s not too mechanical and doesn’t think about that stuff). Treat people and their stuff right and it’s not a big deal.
    rant over.

MikeR, MVA25, Scotty87 and 10 others like this.
  15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I'm with this guy...I might be slightly hesitant to simply loan it out, but I would offer to help a friend (even a casual one) out with something as small as this. As a rule I have always tried to be helpful and within reason to share my resources. While I don't keep score I can't count the times I have had a simple favor like this reciprocated in ways that have made my life easier. Within my circle of friends, none of us would hesitate to pick up the phone and ask for a little help from time to time, whether it be picking up a new lawnmower or helping out at the track.

DmanSlam and joec like this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Son in law is a great kid (if 40 yo is still a kid). Anyways he has a tremendous work ethic, he tackles jobs I wouldn't dream of. He split his backhoe in order to fix a gear issue. Built his own A frame out of logs just to hold the whole thing up in the air. Bottom line is he has no respect for tools, just leaves his stuff lying around, it breaks my heart. Bottom line? I'd rather buy him a needed tool and just give it to him rather than loan him one of mine only to get it back all messed up. If you trust the guy no problem. If not, no way.

17. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

If I’m in the mood (probably not)
    I might help him , if he was cool . But I WILL NEVER lend out a trailer again. 3 times loaned , 3 times returned damaged . :mad:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you dislike the guy enough to be offended that he asked, why does he even know that you have a trailer?

R Acree and rd400racer like this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Could you politely decline and inform the interested party that it’s a purpose built trailer and everything has a place, making it a poor choice for a moving trailer?

Nevermind. Stupid idea. Bitch about it on the internet instead. That’s a better move.

Knotcher, R Acree, Scotty87 and 2 others like this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

All I can say is I wish I had the spare time available to help out random people with their chores.

Chango likes this.