1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CL60 brake pads

Discussion in 'General' started by FrancisA, Jun 29, 2020.

1. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Thanks for the details. It seems the CL60 sits between the SRJLXX and the dual carbons. Hoping someone can chime in that’s used both for a direct comparison.

Anyone have any experience with those race sinter pads??

2. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

which compound pad?

3. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

If you’ve never tried SRJLXX I would give it a go to see. Seems close to what you want.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  4. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I stick to Vesrah for racing. During a race weekend I found the pads on my race RSV4 to be getting thin. C60s were the only thing available at the track. I did not like them and took them off as soon as I got some new Vesrah pads. I like a strong initial bite and the C60s did not have that in comparison. I might've used the C60s on my RSV4 street bike? Or they're still sitting in my bin of track spares?

5. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Bingo.
    That’s exactly what I was afraid of, seems like the exact reason I took off the SBS dual carbons.

question, the super RJL XX vs the ZZ, have you tried both? Which Vesrah pad that you’ve used gave you the best bite and stopping power?

6. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

My experience is with RJL and RJL-XX. Both have worked great and suited my riding.

FrancisA likes this.
  7. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

From everything I’ve read I think I’m gonna stick with what I have... the super RJL XX.

if I want to stop faster guess I gotta go hamfist just that much quicker...

thanks all, feel free to keep chipping in experiences, I don’t think we have enough brake pad threads... seems like an overlooked topic

8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/psa-brake-pads.359626/
    What did you find that sucked about the SBS DC?

9. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

You should stick with the XX's.

FrancisA likes this.
  10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

carbon metallic

11. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Seems like that’s what I’ll be doing.

they didn’t have enough power - I was ham fisting the brakes and running off from the same brake point that I did very well with the XX’s - they were great trailing brakes but they did not have the stopping power to begin with.

12. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I've run 99, 05, and o7 and love them. You can't easily find them anymore. I have one card of 05 and one card of 07 in my spares. I can't even find the 05 to buy anymore. I should probably suck up and buy the 07 before that goes away too.