1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit tool boxes/carts. What do you use.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 21, 2020.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

As the little turd os growing so are is bikes and tools/spares needed. Wonder what i should get next. Not sure the Harbor Freight style carts are going to be big enough. Let's seem some of your setups

2. assjuice cyrus

Typing in a hurry is never good. :crackup:

I haven't even had any beer yet.:beer:

3. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I have a $200 husky scratch and dent with wheels on it from the Home Depot. I keep it strapped in the v of my trailer and helps keep enough tongue weight to stop the trailer from wagging.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

HF has a 48" rollaway with a 1/2" wood top for under $275 with a coupon. They have a multi drawer one for about $40 more.

5. assjuice cyrus

Yea i keep going back to that one. Probably a good bag for the buck for the pits. I keep drooling over the sonic loaded boxes.

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

A couple of old milk crates and a radio flyer.

zertrider and assjuice cyrus like this.
  7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Much like using a 1 ton dually diesel to tow a 5x8 trailer....if your not rocking this in your pit your a little beyotch.... Just sayin...

[​IMG]

sanee, TurboBlew, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  9. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

10. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I had a Harbor Freight 5-drawer tool cart in a couple trailers. The main drawback was that with the lid closed for a flat surface you couldn't get in it. Ended up permanently mounting and ultimately selling with a trailer.

My current trailer, if I ever finish it out, is getting a 44" HF bottom box permanently mounted

TurboBlew and assjuice cyrus like this.
  11. assjuice cyrus

I still wanna be able to roll it next to the bikes. I'm leaning towards the bigger harbor freight box. I like having i need there and know where it is.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Back in the day, this. Now its pretty much just a storage/workbench in the shop. toolcart2.jpg

13. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

That bike was a serious weapon in its day... knowing your skill I'm assuming you built that box?

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I used this: http://www.mactools.co.uk/rate-mac-tools-products/1-drawer-utility-cart-with-lid-red
    Mine was blue, but the same cart.

Here's a comparable one at Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-...in-x-18-in-two-drawer-service-cart-56812.html

In the bottom:
    Medium tool box
    Case with my tire warmers.
    Small Dremmel case

In the slider drawer I had
    Allen Keys
    Tire pressure gauge
    Duct tape, electrical tape
    Misc. electrical cabling (different gauges), Fuses, crimper
    Adjustable wrenches
    Zip ties, etc

Kept a magnetic parts holder on top of the lid.

Under the lid
    Extra numbers
    Team stickers
    Small socket set (4mm - 15mm)
    Small box wrenches (whatever fit the 2nd gen SV-650 bolts/nuts)

[​IMG]

15. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Just to be clear I'm thinking the 44" US General box. It has twice the weight capacity of the Yukon. Not that I'm going to load it that heavy, I just think it will hold up better riding in a trailer. I'd think about putting it on pneumatic tires if you're going to roll it around. One for stability. Two for shock absorption going down the road.

jksoft likes this.
  16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thanks, it may even ride again.

Yes, built it in 2008 I believe, when I went the the Road America AMA race to wrench for a friend.

17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

When I was racing, I used to have a rolling toolbox like this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-...ic-Metal-Wheeled-Lockable-Tool-Box/1000392003

[​IMG]

I would bring the tools I knew I needed for the weekend; not the entire garage. If I was in need of something that I didn't bring, I had a large enough circle of friends at the track that trusted me to loan me something I needed. But generally, if I was digging that deep for a tool that I didn't bring, I likely had bigger issues going on that weekend.

turbulence likes this.
  18. assjuice cyrus

I like to be prepared and organized at the track. Those plastic boxes or nice for some things, but I like @CB186 box and tires on the side. Thats really got my mind turning now that thing is cool.

19. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I have the same Beta tool cart as you do and am already finding it to be too limited for the tools I like to carry. The biggest benefit is that it collapses down which lowers the center of gravity and makes it easier to transport. It has roughly the same amount of space as some of those posted above, but I have found it difficult to carry a full compliment of tools unless they get piled on top of each other. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I fit all my tools & chemicals into a 21" portable 3-drawer toolbox and 1 plastic tub. I have nearly everything and all my buddies borrow tools from me, lol.

TurboBlew likes this.