1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For sale: 1994 Yamaha TZ250 4DP

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by motion, Jun 16, 2020.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

$10,000 USD
    Solid racer with some battle scars. Newer model carbon kevlar bodywork with some repair work. Tank has a dent in it (covered by duct tape). According to my notes from the previous owner, engine has 6 races on the top and bottom end. Includes a freshly powdercoated rear stand and some basic spares: levers, gearing, jetting, used pistons, some gaskets.

Located in Montana, USA. I can transport to Billings, Montana for shipping elsewhere. I cannot arrange shipping to overseas locations, sorry, but I can connect you with someone in the USA that regularly ships bikes to Europe.

I have not done anything to the bike since acquiring it from a racer 6 years ago. It was in race ready condition at that time.

Large photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VuytZX5N1dxLvniX7

tz.jpg

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

nice bike man. where'd you get the kevlar body work?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I dunno... came with the bike. But it’s pretty cool... you can see thru it, it’s so thin.

4. raven433

raven433 Old and Slow

Damn that’s BAD ASS !!!

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

BONER!!!! :up:

6. xxaarraa

xxaarraa Well-Known Member

Can you arrange shipping overseas? What have you done to the bike during your ownership?

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I haven't touched it since I've owned it. I can give you a contact to a guy in Minnesota that ships a lot of bikes overseas, and I also have a contact in Southern California who ships two strokes to Belgium frequently. Just PM me if you're interested.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Bumpity

9. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Bump for cool factor...

motion likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm going to refresh the entire bike and put it up for sale at market price - around 13-14K.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Bump

With addition of professionally repaired and painted fuel tank, new carbon fiber exhaust cans, new clipons, new controls and perches, new tach foam, price is $10,800. Can be delivered to SoCal week of October 20th for a small fee.

Upon taking off the bodywork and cleaning the bike, I discovered that its actually in quite good shape. This is a solid racer.

12. Sweatypants

you post it up on all the FB 2T groups man? seems like it would go pretty quick at that price. there was a dude selling a 5KE with ti exhausts and a few other factory bits, but it was like $25k! haha. for less than half, this seems like an easier choice for a lot of people.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Seems cheap to me too. I tried on the FB groups, but they're dominated by Euros who want me to handle the shipping.

Sweatypants likes this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BTW, I found out that the bodywork is Sebimoto.

TLR67 and Sweatypants like this.
  15. Sweatypants

yea well, maybe make them pay for it and bite the bullet? i dunno. take it apart and put it into 4 boxes/crates? bodywork, chassis, engine, front end...

haha i had found it randomly like a month ago and forgot to say something, glad its the same place though. what's funny is i was thinking... the kevlar is like $600 more than the fiberglass ones. a single color paint job on fairings is probably like $600. if your base is going to be yellow, seems like a no brainer. then you don't have to deal with painters/body guys... the worst guys to deal with of all automotive guys haha.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'll hang onto it before I go to the trouble of taking it apart. Not really too motivated to sell it, anyway.

Yeah, the Sebi in gel coat or carbon kevlar is a smoking deal. Their prices are really good. Wish they had '94 bodywork. I need a set now.

17. Sweatypants

i assume they aren't just sitting on kevlar examples... i wonder if they'd make one with no nose inlet at all if i asked? that'd be cool. i want that late 90's TZ stuff for my 2nd bike i think. i THINK.

motion likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Glwts.....awesome machine man...

motion likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

SOLD. Off to the UK.

Sweatypants and JTRC51 like this.