1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

You have to feel bad for Alex M. He hasn't even gotten to race that bike one time and has is already getting replaced.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No I don't. :D He shouldn't have had that ride on that team in the first place but there was no other seats open on a Honder at the time.

The Great One, nd4spd and cpettit like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I won't say it's the best thing that could have happened to him until they find him a spot somewhere else but I certainly think this is good for him in the long run.

The level of pressure he would have had on his shoulders this season has been decreased tenfold. And with the compressed schedule, journalists will be too busy writing about racing to spend every other week focusing on speculation. So he gets a pressure-free learning year with a top-notch team of technicians and almost no expectations.

If he lands a LCR after this, things are looking pretty good for him.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I think all of us wanted to see how Marquez v Marquez would play out over the course of a season though. See if the genetics kicked in and he was as good as big brother or...? Without all the seat time we'll never really know.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think we know.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yeah, he didn't come out the same mold....

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

AM has a lot of skill for sure, but really?

Those folks with the MotoGP video pass lamenting that the abbreviated season best get them a 2021 freebie might want to check their email. It's probably not what you were hoping for.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

The world collectively agrees on that. But, as Bob Varsha used to say, that's why we run the race. Maybe he wouldn't beat big bro but it'd be a hell of a yardstick to see where he stacked up - and also how he compared to Jorge who could never get the hang of it.

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

He may not be big brother, but hes still one of the fastest MoFos on two wheels on the planet. All relative I guess.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Agreed on relativity, AM would likely lap quite a few people in MA...

Also, I'm not sure Pol will be any better than AM (beyond the Yamaha / KTM experience). It would be fascinating to hear how that came about, will it piss off MM93 or he's secretly relieved? What does Honda specifically see in Pol over AM?

One thing for sure, he is figuring out with the communication coach as what to answer in the forthcoming questions....

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know why the entire world seems to assume that both Alex and Marc didn't know that this was the deal even before Alex was signed. Alex was a very complex situation last year: Moto 2 champion with nowhere to go because he was off-contract-cycle. Maybe finding him a spot for a year was the sweetener that got Marc to extend his contract for four years. They did take care of his little brother big time.

12. Seiko

Seiko Well-Known Member

Not at all. The very "generous" offer better come with the 2021 season for half off as well.

13. dsapsis

I sure wouldn't mind that (actually it would seem fair to pro-rate a refund for this year as the most direct act) but fear it is wishful.

14. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Pol actually has a very similar riding style to MM93 in my opinion. They are both very brutal on the front tire, have similar body hang off/style, etc.

In my opinion, I think Pol has easily been one of the most over looked riders in the last 2 years. I think he would have done great on a Ducati. He put the KTM on the box, and is very Stoner'esque at riding around problems. Slap the kid on the bike at say "go" and off he rolls.

SGVRider likes this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Seriously. The f@ck do i care about having it extended till the end of 2020? Nobody cares about watching testing.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Send them an email stating so. I'm quite sure you wont be the only one. Maybe if enough cry foul they will reconsider.

17. dsapsis

My "offer" such as it was, was for the subscription to extend though race 1 in 2021. Did others receive different ones?

SGVRider likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

same here. what a joke

19. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Received nothing....

20. dsapsis

Well that is certainly different. Look for messages sent yesterday morning. Mine came in at 933 PDT.