1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all nerds

Discussion in 'General' started by t11ravis, Jun 16, 2020.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Well, you opened up this thread so...

As I hung up this final pin just now I realized that this is probably my most geeky/nerdy collection. Then I thought, "I wonder which of my friends does weird shit like this?" Then I remembered I am a part of the most unique forum in the world and I know some of you BBSers do some weird shit.
    I mean, who doesn't think that Sean has a naked pie pic stash or that Parrish collects old spraypaint cans from his huffin' days or Giannotto has some shirtless Hasselhoff tshirts? Or Dave K has... god, I don't even want to guess what that freak does in his off time.

So let's see it, your weirdest/geekiest/nerdiest collection. Here's mine, I'm rather proud of it actually as I never really meant to save them all, it just kinda happened:
    IMG_7019.jpg

Killswitch and G 97 like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'd like to participate but I'm not a collector of anything. Nerdy yes...collector...not so much.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Two things I collect are stickers and wristbands/tickets from events I've been to. I've got boxes of both. Other than that, just motorcycles:D

t11ravis likes this.
  4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

That pic of Brog! :crackup:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. t11ravis

Weird, I had you pegged for an entire volume of Nancy Drew books.

6. t11ravis

One of my favorites. :crackup:

7. t11ravis

I save tickets as well. I don't consider that too nerdy though as I've been to some pretty cool shows.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Not sure, but I've got probably 200 hats (everyone I've ever had). Obviously I've collected them, but never was the intent.

And, as you probably know, I've collected ALL my race bibs (runs & tri's) over the last 24 years. Gotta be several hundreds of them.

Nerdy? Naw man.....naw!!!

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm a nerd. I have or had all of the pins for the 25 years it took to become a charter life member the hard way.:bow:

vfrket and t11ravis like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I have a pretty large collection of HO scale trains, cars, model buildings ect... that I plan on setting up someday. Only have a picture of one on my phone.

upload_2020-6-16_10-39-12.png

SpeedyTide, code3ryder and t11ravis like this.
  12. t11ravis

He knows. That's why I like him!

13. t11ravis

I'm scared to ask what that means.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

When I joined in the early 80s, the only way I knew of to become a charter life member was to joins and renew every year for 25 years. At some point they changed to allow members to contribute some some of money to become charter life without the years. I don't know if that is the case anymore or not. Being the stubborn asshole I am, I decided to serve the full 25.

vfrket likes this.
  15. t11ravis

Gotcha, $39 at a time.:D Same for me.
    I joined just after college and am hitting 50 this year. I'm more surprised than anything that I've had this corkboard for that long. :crackup:

16. t11ravis

Man, that's exactly what full basements are for!

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

And that's exactly what we have at the new house. I want to build a shelf around the entire basement and have the train tracks on that and put some buildings / scenes in the corners. That way it's permanent and out of the way. Someday.... Someday.

SpeedyTide and t11ravis like this.
  18. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Same here, that's how I became a life member.

19. t11ravis

That's cool. I've just saved a couple from big races.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not really anything anymore. Used to collect RRWs (had almost every one since year two of existence on) but ran out of space. First pressings of obscure vinyl but it came time to cash out and I made a killing. Watches for a while but lost interest in that (got to be too expensive chasing obscure editions and the people in this world as weirdos) other then what I have and a few I'd like to have to wear and not just stare at. Badges from Euro cars (MGs, triumphs, Alfas), Motocourse and crap like this for a while but other shit took their places. Last thing I "collected" was raymond pettibon black and white almost exclusively but the costs on these blew up and it was time to stop and sell off.

The pins are cool, Travis. Neat hobby that doesn't take up a lot of space. :cool:

StaccatoFan likes this.