1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for building a house?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 8, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

his/hers reverse osmosis rain showers??
    [​IMG]

2. TurboBlew

large outdoor pool and covered porch
    [​IMG]

3. TurboBlew

obligatory pool & hot tub
    [​IMG]

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Awesome looking, but you are in Florida, where are the screens?

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Don’t go totally cheap on windows and doors. The better the doors and windows the better your electric bill will be. A lot of new builds are being done with some very economical windows that will not last that long. Most window and door places will have warranties for you to see. Also go with composite door jambs if you have the option. One last thing stay away from the darker exterior windows that are being used today.

BigBird likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

look at 3rd pic... there is also a private guest suite under that roof. 11,000 sq ft... 3 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

All I see in those pictures is a shit ton of upkeep! LOL Funny how people can be so unique in their tastes. My wife and I keep saying we wish we had a smaller living space as it's less to maintain and our whole house is only 1800 square feet.

Boman Forklift and TurboBlew like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

FTFY :Poke:

:D

9. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Curious why you say stay away from darker exterior windows?

Couple things I thought of I would do differently. I wanted a 3 car oversize garage and wanted attic storage above the garage.

Creating useable attic storage above the garage caused the roof pitch to get fairly steep for the whole house. Didn't think about it much during the design phase.

I would have rather taken the money spent on the 3rd bay of the garage and the steeper roof material and labor and used it towards a shop.

BigBird likes this.
  10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm currently living at my friend's house (Joe).. unbelievable how well this house was built in 1910.
    Joe's been renting for 34 years.
    It's all original. Front door is a masterpiece of craftsmanship. I could take pictures but wouldn't do it justice.
    To replicate the door would easily be $15,000
    Raquel used to live here when she was 18 or 19.

Boman Forklift and OGs750 like this.
  11. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

They will fade in color over time and attract more heat, it’s like wearing a dark shirt when out doors. Plus there is a big price difference between a clay window and black exterior window. I am talking about vinyl windows here by the way. If you are going to go with an aluminum clad wood window then you are good on any color.