1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Harris Teeter.

Bacon jerky? No sir I have not heard of this. Do tell.

joec likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Give it a try...it is most awesome unless you have to have crunch. Buy a bag, rip off the top, eat.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

According to my butcher, meat prices should start coming down in the next few weeks. The glut of the shortage concerns seem to be past, and we should see a return to “normal” soon enough.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That made me do a double take. :D

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Like that, eh? Gotta make people think. :D

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

slice.JPG yep. belly.JPG bacon.JPG

G 97 likes this.
  8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

What are you using to cure that deliciousness?

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Other than doctors offices, I experienced my first case of going somewhere where masks were required (and actually enforced) yesterday at Menards. "if you don't have one you can buy one at the service desk for $1". Lowes got my business instead.

Ducti89 and baconologist like this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing smoke

11. dsapsis

Smoke doesnt really cure by itself. It does dry, but without salt, its not going to preserve (or taste) right.

Basic cure is salt, sugar (either sucrose or dextrose, but if the latter, use more) and Curing salt #1 (salt plus sodium nitrite at 6.25%). Plus added flavoring elements depending on mood: pepper, garlic, spices like bay, mace, thyme, juniper,coriander, and other sugars like brown sugar, maple syrup; all kinds of good things. I think that batch was a basic cure plus pepper only (then smoked).
    That'll teach 'em.

pscook and SuddenBraking like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

An interesting stat I saw the other day to give a bit of perspective.....might've been mentioned here previously, not sure.

but

The average age of death for a patient w/ COVID-19 in the US is 80 years old (it's actually a year or 2 higher in a couple of the other hard hit countries) according to CDC data.

The average overall life expectancy in the US is..........78.7 years old. :eek: :D

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It doesn't mean that people die at the age of 78.7. It means that a lot of people die in their 30s and 40s of things like drug overdoses. If you don't do drugs and can escape other accidents and cancer, you're looking pretty good to shoot way past 79.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well I'm a fucking dead man.

RichB, Wing nut and Motofun352 like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:confused:

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes I know that.

It's the same thing that the average age of death from COVID being 80 years old. Yes you'll get one needle in a haystack 20 or 30 year old that dies from it, but that accounts for a statistically infinitesimal number (I believe it was >90% of deaths are in the 70-80 year ranges.....bet that doesn't prevent the mainstream media from dog piling on every random 20/30/40 yrs old case and giving it maximum coverage (whilst also purposefully not mentioning any co-morbidities the patient had).

They've fully lost the narrative but are clinging to it with a death grip to try and squeeze out every last bit of fear they can.

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Get Covid 19 and live 2 more years? Works for me.

MachineR1 and baconologist like this.
  19. dsapsis

Is 4% statistically (you really mean numerically, but...) infinitesimal?

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Felix, why not ask Oscar?

R Acree likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.