1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

holy sh...t it's hot

Discussion in 'General' started by Motofun352, Jun 9, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Pfft. This was hot...Saturday night. :D

(Stompin' out a secondary.)
    imagejpeg_0_7.jpg

rd400racer likes this.
  2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

90's and humid here in Central Fl. We are in to my hibernate time of year now. Go outside as little as possible as it's just too effing oppressive. I may go back out in October.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Crawling on your hands and knees on black asphalt, rubbin' hard-ass concrete curb in a city with nothing but giant heat rocks surrounding you.....well, it's just hot.

Got some heavy downpours today and we all took our hard hats off and just stood in it. Felt so good.

GRH likes this.
  4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Buncha f@ckin babies. Most of you would drop what you’re doing right now to hang out at Roebling or Barber in a leather onesie if someone said come ride my spare bike for free.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That ought to be warm enough to burn off the Wu Flu for a few months yeah, maybe we can have a proper summer now? :D

Circacee, baconologist and Newyork like this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

We had the same thing on our ducts in the Army...Oh wait no we didnt. We were Men so we had to go out and hump around in that god forsaken Ft Bragg (NC), Ft Polk (LA), Ft Stewart (GA), JOTC/Ft Sherman, Panama and NTC/Ft Irwin (CA Desert). While you guys were like hey Chief turn down the AC...Yeah.... and bring us some lemonade too.

At least you werent in the AF...those dudes suck.

:D

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

For sure. I still remember racing at Jennings a few years ago when it was 105. But because it was so close to the coast, it really didnt feel that bad. I was quite surprised. Although the track got so greasy you could slide an SV like flat tracker. But 97 in Tennessee is just pure misery. I remember a few years back we had a record day of 113. I was umpiring travel baseball tournaments at the time and they postponed all the game between like 10-5 if i remember correctly. Even when we got started back up at 5, it was some of the worst heat I'd ever felt for those first couple hours until the sun started going down.

8. redtailracing

Masochists, the lot of us. :D

cpettit likes this.
  9. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I was telling my wife how lucky we were to be quarantined with such nice weather for those first 8 weeks or so. We'd take the kids on 2 walks a day, play outside when possible etc. But now instead of 75, it's 95*F with 90% humidity and absolutely miserable. I hate the south typically from May till about October/November.

And now that I have babies, New Orleans doesn't offer the fun it used to. Time for a move.

Where in the US has good professional job market, nice weather (4 actual seasons would be amazing), decent cost of living with good schools and some fun things to do?

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Atlanta. Plenty of room...juts head on over.

@Venom51 has spare room and loves visitors...

pickled egg likes this.
  11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I’ve been to Atlanta enough times to know the weather isn’t all that different from New Orleans. I was thinking somewhere a little further north. Asheville?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’m from South Texas but worked a year in Pennsylvania. They just about shut down because of the “heat wave”...it got all the way to 92 :crackup: I played golf in the afternoon and they wouldn’t let me on the course unless I showed them I had a phone in case I started feeling o_Oweak...

Then a few months later there was weird white stuff on the ground and I was the one wondering how human beings function in this weather!

13. redtailracing

I suspect you're going to have to go further north than Asheville for there to be a difference. Louisville seems to be about the point at which you begin exiting southern hell.

14. redtailracing

This and the mountain bike thread reminded me of a similar funny incident. My in-laws are spread out through Ohio and Michigan and we visit them from time to time. I often bring my mountain bike to go hit up some new-to-me trails and get away for a day. Few years ago, we were in the mid-Michigan area in the middle of the summer and I met up with some local dudes to hit up a new trail. Bear in mind I'm am a pretty average rider in terms of skill and stamina. First 7 or 8 miles we're all sticking together and having a good time. By mile 15 these guys were dying. Meanwhile I'm loving it and still feel like another 15 miles. They're chief complaint? The miserable heat. Said it was just too damn hot to be riding and they'll probably take the rest of the week off from riding until the heat wave passes. I believe the high that day was 82. :crackup:

Phl218 and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  15. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Africa hot here in Houston today. Heat index was 110.

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It is horrible I would leave but can't you better stay up there.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL...86 is hot. :crackup:You wait till summer kicks in. Always good to be working on a paving job in when it's in the upper 90's. You'll acclimate...

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Truth. This is my favorite time of year. Temps stick in the 80s for the most part.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've been all over the place temp wise lately. 2 weeks ago we had a hot week, 4 days it got to high 80's - 90 and humid as fuck. The following Monday it never got to 50 and that night it got down to 38 and I actually had to bump the furnace on, WTF ? I can deal with a few hot days ok, if I pay attention and know it's coming keep things closed up and both the house and shop will stay alot cooler. No AC here.

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We’ve gone up to our Upstate place in late April and it was 90F + and there were piles of snow. Shocked the heck out of us. The locals remarked it was us southerners that brought the heat:D