1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 r1 ftecu auto blipper issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Str8-Lurkin, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Str8-Lurkin

Str8-Lurkin Well-Known Member

So I bought a low mileage 15 r1 with the recall already complete. Seller had a ftecu system with the auto blipper available as well so I bought that too. After installing the ftecu qs/auto blipper I could only get the qs to work. The shift rod is at 90 degrees etc. and connections are solid.

Seller stated everything was working when he took it off the bike and that he didn't change any setting in the ecu since its original tune.

Am I missing something? Do I have to be above a certain rpm to downshift? I've watched several vids and have read several posts. Which led me to switching the connectors etc. When I switched the connectors the qs stop working so I switched it back. What am I doing wrong?

The qs is smooth however, the auto blipper is nonexistent.

Trying to get it sorted out before the track this weekend.

Thanks in advance!

2. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

It should work above 4 or 5k rpm, (maybe lower).
    Might need to double check that the ECU has the auto blipper function enabled if the sensors are working and properly installed.

3. Str8-Lurkin

Because I bought the bike second hand I am unable to log into ftecu because of the email. They have some serious security features on this ecu.

Found out MDM did the tuning and flashing so hopefully @metricdevilmoto can chime in and help me out.

4. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

FTECU licenses are locked to the original account that flashed it. Are you sure its wired right to the ECU? We installed one on a 19 R6 and didnt' have the wire pinned all the way in the harness and it didn't work. second look and it worked perfect.

5. Str8-Lurkin

Checking it a 3rd time wouldn't heard. I did push the pin all the way in and gave it a gentle tug to confirm... it didnt come out. Perhaps it needs to go further.

Is the wire pin only for the blipper? As the qs would still work without it?

6. 23103a

23103a Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's not enabled in the ECU. You will either need the FTECU software to change it, or send it to the guy who did the flashing so they can enable it. I can't think of any other reason the QS would work but not autoblip.