1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013 R6 - Full Graves Supersport Race Bike - Sell or Trade for Supermoto

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by ocroadwarrior, Jun 4, 2020.

1. ocroadwarrior

ocroadwarrior Well-Known Member

I'm toeing the water to gauge if there is any interest in trading (or buying) my full Graves Supersport spec 2013 Yamaha YZFR6 for a built Supermoto of relative value/spec. Ideally street legal.
    I'm interested in trading or selling the bike because I simply don't get to the track as often as I would like anymore and when I do I've been taking my ZX10r.
    I don't race - only track days. I've wanted a Supermoto as a street/play bike. I would consider trading for a nice CRF450f WRF45of, KTM 450/525, or a dedicated factory Supermoto (KTM, Husky) of relative quality/spec. I have been checking around and don't see a lot of good used Supermoto's around, but thought that I would give it a shot. I'm not in any hurry.
    See below the listed specs if interested in purchasing. I haven't resolved to sell it yet (vs trading for the right supermoto), but I will consider good offers.

Short History:
    This bike is in impeccable condition, very well maintained, fast as heck and it and runs flawlessly. It's ready to race.
    It has always lived in Orange County, Ca. The motorcycle has never seen the street. It is a legit super sport race bike and it was purchased new, directly from Graves Racing Services in Van Nuys, Ca.

I am the 2nd owner. I purchased the bike locally from the original owner in Feb 2019.
    I have the original invoice for $28,269, purchased November 4, 2014.
    It still has a clear/open title directly from Chuck Graves. Not that it matters since its a race bike, but cool to have to know its legit.

Less than 3,000 total miles on the bike and used for track duty only.
    The bike has not been raced.
    Approximately 1700 track miles by the original owner and 1300 miles of intermediate track use (me) since I bought the bike.

The bike was lowsided once at the track by the original owner. There was only cosmetic damage only - zero frame, forks, engine or structural damage. The motorcycle was taken directly to Graves for full inspection . The bike was disassembled to ensure that all of the below was performed. I can provide the reciepts to validate that the following were done:
    -The engine was fully rebuilt - incl valves, bearings, piston rings, etc.
    -Gears, clutch, etc inspected and parts replaced as needed
    -Forks and shock serviced
    -Full chassis service
    The bike came back essentially new and saw little use by the original owner since the work was performed.

Since taking the bike on, I have done through maintenance and inspection and have also maintained diligenty:
    -Oil and oil filter changed after each track day
    -Brakes bled every 2 -3 track days
    -Air Filter checked and cleaned after each track day
    -Radiator flushed/cleaned once (Engine Ice)
    -Full torque inspections off of Graves list after each outing.
    -Suspension fluid level, seals and springs changed within last 500 miles

It is in perfect operating and mechanical condition, with very little indication of wear other than the race bodywork and tank paint (protected with tank cover). I keep the bike, I will probably ditch the tank cover and repaint the tank this summer. Maybe new bodywork for next season just to keep the bike fresh - yeah I know its a track bike....

SPECS:
    -Graves Standard Spec R6 Race Motor
    -YEC ECU with YEC race kit harness
    -Flashtune ECU with Graves Racing Spec
    -Graves manual cam chain tensioner
    -Graves adjustable cam sprocket set
    -Dynojet Quick Shifter (push type - GP Shift) - no auto blip
    -AIM Mount and bike is pre-wired for AIM SOLO2 DL (unit not included)
    -Graves full titanium/carbon exhaust system
    -Ohlins FGk202fork cartridge kit with Graves Works front fork valve kit (.90 spring rate)
    -Ohlins TTX rear shock with Graves Spec valving (.925 spring rate)
    -Graves Works upper shock clevis
    -Ohlins Manual Steering Damper w Ohlins steering damper mounting bracket
    -Graves Supersport Triple Clamp
    -Graves steering limiter
    -Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder w Zeta Flite lever (still have Brembo lever and will include)
    -Graves Works master cylinder mounting bracket
    -Braking front and rear brake rotors
    -Brembo 04 front brake pads
    -Stainless steel/Kevlar braided front and rear brake lines
    -Zeta Ratio Device Clutch Perch and Lever - Newly added
    -Graves Works Adustable Rearsets - set up for GP shift. Set up to accommodate rear brake return spring
    -Attack Performance Zero Offset Clip On bars - Newly added
    -Motoholders Aluminum Front Fairing Bracket - Newly added
    -DID ER Gold Chain (perfect condition) / Vortex aluminum rear sprockets (selection- also perfect condition)
    -Lightech chain adjusters - Newly added
    -Bonamici Remote Brake adjuster - Newly added/not installed
    -Healtech GIPro Gear Indicator - Newly added
    -Graves Engine Covers
    -Graves clutch protector
    -Graves frame protectors
    -Graves carbon shark fin guard
    -Captive wheel spacers
    -Right Angle valve stems
    -Woodcraft front axle protectors and rear spools
    -Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
    -Currently running a set of Pirelli slicks that have 1 -2 track days left in them.

It comes equipped with Sharkskinz bodywork and a MotoXP Ricambi tank cover. I have repaired and repainted the bodywork to address normal cracks, blemishes, etc and it looks fine for my purposes, If I keep the bike, I will probably ditch the tank cover and repaint the tank to look new, but that's just me being bored, The bike is ready to race in faster hands.

Sell price for the bike is $8850 firm.
    I can forward more photos on request or answer any questions that haven't been addressed in the text.
    I'm looking to sell or trade locally (So Cal) and transact in person. I don't have the interest or time to hassle with shipping. Thanks for checking the bike out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    sill'r B sill'd and mino6466 like this.
  2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yowza!!

3. ocroadwarrior

Yeah - I'm not set on selling it -its still my dream R6. I will get back to getting it to the track at some point. My real motivation is to find a decent Supermoto.

4. mino6466

mino6466 Well-Known Member

Awesome bike and great seller! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

nice bike! if i didn't have a well setup R6 already i'd be trying to trade my FS450

6. ocroadwarrior

rub my nose in it....

7. ocroadwarrior

8. ocroadwarrior

Mino- thanks man. Looking forward to seeing that badass twin!

9. CTarna

CTarna Well-Known Member

What are the specs of a Graves Standard Spec R6 Race Motor?

10. ocroadwarrior

I'm going to sound ambiguous, but not intentionally:
    On the Graves Build List that the original owner was kind enough to provide to with the bike, it states:
    "GRAVES STANDARD SPEC R6 RACE MOTOR, Internal parts excluded from list - STANDARD"
    So...hell if I know LOL.
    They spent a lot of time perfecting and getting the most out of this bike and I suspect that they are not anxious to specify and and hand their homework out. That is what I have been told during my few conversations when I got the bike (they still had record of the bike and original owner, which I thought was pretty cool).
    I'm not fast, but I can tell you that its smoother and more rideable power vs what I had originally expected. The combination of motor, chassis , suspension and electronics is the value.
    I haven't had the bike dyno'd, so I cannot give you a true hp difference. I'm sure that it sits somewhere in the 122-123 range if I were to irresponsibly guess.

11. Suzuka_joe

I think its probably a thin head gasket and degreed cams. but if you call graves and ask they might give some insight

12. ocroadwarrior

I am retracting the posting to sell this bike. I will regret it when the tracks open up next month and it's not worth the agony of facing my wife to break down the rationale - I'm also not motivated to ship it, etc
    For convenience, I am still open to considering a trading for a built Supermoto of similar value if anyone in So Cal has one and is similarly motivated. Depending on condition and the deal, I may also consider a WRF450f, CRF450f or KTM 450 or 500EXC in good condition + cash and convert myself.

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  13. Alex Yampo

Alex Yampo Well-Known Member

I have the same Graves SS bike with build list, etc. It's a thinner head gasket, manual cam chain tensioner and degreed cams. and of course their tune.

14. Suzuka_joe

cheaper to buy a FS450 than convert a newer 450

15. ocroadwarrior

You're probably right. They have been few and far between - at least in So Cal.

16. RCV

RCV New Member

If you change your mind and consider re-listing, let me know, I’m interested. I have friends in SoCal so would be a good excuse to pay them a visit and give the bike a once over.

17. ocroadwarrior

Whenever you're going to be in the area, PM me and you are welcome to come take a look at the bike.
    When I end up selling or trading it, I would feel better meeting in person so that the new (potential) owner can see the bike, records, etc. There is no hassle or hurry on my end. I'm reluctant to list a sell price that doesn't under or overvalue the bike, and then negotiating, etc., but its here to look at and I'm open to a reasonable offer,
    Thanks for the message.