1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wheres the fz 750'S

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by wonderinwhy, Jan 25, 2019.

1. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

price drop on the 86 fz 750. now asking 1800.00

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

shit...........

3. wonderinwhy

Ya,......shit happens britx..lol. but let me tell ya something. Got relicenced with ccs in may, took me all day sat and two races on sunday to get back into that zone where its just the track, bike, and yourself. I left the track that day feeling alive again. A long time friend who sponsered me back in the 80's saw i pic, he said he has'nt seen that kinda smile on my face in a long,long time. Been out 4 times this yr, and every time i left the track, i had a feeling of contentment and serenity that i havent felt in....hmmmm...cant remember. .must be the new concussion. I kinda need'ed this crash, it'll pull the reigns in on my agressiveness on the track. I can still take a hit, but i gota remember these hip's are 60 yrs old. Theres still alota luck involved in this sport, things could have been worse. Monday reminded me of the old days of limping into work and observing the recovery progression in order to make the decission of going for x-rays or letting time pass as we recover. My helmut was jammed into an existing notch i put in my collarbone in years past. All i need now is an upper sharkskin & an insterment cluster, alittle paint, couple weeks & i can go get that smile again. Food shoping with my favorate wife last night, she said im acting alittle strange......hmmm....all i was doing was smileing.

yamageezer and britx303 like this.
  4. britx303

Im assuming the Fz took a hit as well? Heal up man. Youre here to tell the tale so that’s a good thing. I seriously hate to pass up the fz :( but I’d just be internet tire kicking. I’m neck deep in yet another fzr project at the moment. Damn I wish though.

5. wonderinwhy

Fz is still good, she is in her spot in the garage waiting for her return to the track. She has'nt taken a hit since 1987. I did this all on an r6. BTW....whats the best way to get sandy kinda dirt outa the ventalation vents of a helmut ??? Ahhh shit.........gota go to work..o_O

yamageezer likes this.
  6. britx303

Compressed air.

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Hey Wonderin, if you got a concussion, don't worry about the vents on the old one, you need to get a new helmet.

britx303 likes this.
  8. britx303

Yeah......that would have been the smarter response..........:D Chuck that helmet into the dirtbike gear.......if you're cheap like me:p

9. wonderinwhy

im reviveing this thread. I just tripped & fell over the "86" fz 750. put 14 miles on it last week. now is your chance again to buy it before it passes 1300 miles. im on a roll, sold the yz 450f, the KLX 300, now just sold the TDM 850. help me finnish the Daves garage purge. im prepping for something, just don't know what it is

10. wonderinwhy

I forgot to mention that I posted this fine machine in the bikes for sale section at 2600. so lets start there. did I ever tell ya that concussions are cumulative ?

11. britx303

Bring it to Summit and race it:Poke::D

12. wonderinwhy

Thats the oldest trick in the book, i aint fallen for it

13. G2G

G2G I feel the need

So last year you were asking $1800 and it didn't sell. Now you are asking $800 more? :whoosh:

14. britx303

Concussions do funny things to us:D

G2G likes this.
  15. wonderinwhy

haven't you ever heard of the old "Reverse Psychology Motorcycle Selling Trick" ? it brings in a lot more views, and at my age it don't matter what people think, im just tryin to supply someone with a fine, 1200 original miles vintage ready machine, and at the same time prevent me from sourceing some R1 forks and putting it back in the race. another week or so the price is goin up another 200 dollars.o_O

16. britx303

Are you arriving at Summit Friday?:D

17. wonderinwhy

negative britx. I have come to the conclusion that every bike is like a woman. we once were inseperitable, all my wakeing moments were spent thinking about her, I would never be without her. than one day you wake up, and you both know its over. im not saying its easy, but its time to turn the page. we made great music together, we will always have the memories.....maybe, did I ever tell ya about the concussions ? we have been together since 87, but I have a new girl now. in the last two weeks I have let 3 bikes go. the r6 will hold me over till I figure out where im goin, or give me another concussion. someone must buy her, im already having dreams about her all cleaned up, new shoes, fresh paint, firm, tight and predictable like she used to be. no, I must stop tortureing myself.

yamageezer likes this.
  18. Tim Allen

Tim Allen Member

FZ still available?

19. wonderinwhy

hey tim, sorry it took so long to reply. due to a greately appreciated layoff I got an earlie jump on my retirement. got around 1 1/2 yrs of rehab to do on the house, I tried to rehab myself but have determined im to far gone. workin harder now than when employed. sold 4 bikes in the last 3 weeks, sadly the fz750 was one of them. that was the bike I was raceing when I met than married my current wife. now that the fz is gone, I don't see any reason to keep the wife either. the fz750 talked to me more than the wife. it sold the Saturday before your post, to a young lad from southern wisconson, right around the Blackhawk farms track. he came down with his father who raced back in the late 80s. found out we were raceing with each other in some WERA endurance races at putman and gratten. the bike went to a good place. the only thing I got for sale now is the wife. let me know if your intristed. I would deliver for free and provide you with a 100% cash back bonus.

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Is the wife in good usable shape? Pics?