1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This is something interesting to ponder I'd read elsewhere, not speaking to death rates or how sick it's initially making people etc, but more so what this critter might still have hiding under the covers that hasn't been fully revealed yet as we're still only a few months into getting to know this thing.

"Genetic studies have revealed this to be a modified SARS virus with a gain of function to make it highly infectious (the unique furin cleavage site in it's genetic sequence clearly differentiating it from all other closely related coronavirus family members). HIV components then added clearly indicate research for an AIDS vaccine. The question is this: Will these HIV spikes act like a trap door to slam the initially infected/recovered in the future? Or has half of the worlds population just been inoculated with an attenuated AIDS vaccine?"

This is now the piece to the puzzle I'm most curious in hearing more research about as I don't think they've fully peeled back all the layers on this virological onion yet.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have a serious question for you - what do you get out of posts like that? Is it some sort of emotional boost being constantly negative or is it something you just do and take no notice of? I've seen nothing but doom and gloom from you on this among many other subjects, the the point it stands out and that takes some doing. Reminds me of how my mother in law was, constant ingrained negativity about everything she read hear or saw.

You even go our of your way to find and post obscure theories on it so long as they're putting things in a negative light.

The facts even using the craptacular numbers are still not showing this to be anything remotely special in the world of viruses with regard to spread or level of illness it causes. Yet here you are yet again posting something trying to say the world is ending and its manmade. Why?

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

glad I’m not the only one reading the negativity

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Would that be a nattering nabob of negativity?

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Wait, what? Actual deaths are declining? But this goes against our very own Kalifornia Karen’s know it all proclamations about increased morbidity and accepting what science is telling us. Who knew?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just to help keep things positive.
    Puppies.
    99E37BE9-C780-49E9-8D6E-0F47C40EF083.jpeg

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. Death rate is still 100%, same as it ever was.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If you choose to see doom and gloom in everything I post I can't help that. My intention wasn't that.

I like reading about the science behind this thing and what the research is finding as they dig into it to try and figure out where it came from and what it is potentially capable of. That's not your thing....that's fine.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're not doing that. You're looking into anything you can find that makes this virus look worse than the actual data itself does. You've been looking for a booeyman behind the door since it began and you have posted many different versions of that boogeyman. That isn't looking at or for science. I also don't think it's necessarily your conscious intention but it absolutely stands out as what you're doing.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

State Parks around the country have been absolutely packed. Beaches the same. Bars open, restaurants in many places. Walk in businesses have been open.

It's way past the two week incubation period so any 2nd wave would have happened wouldn't it? I'm just trying to figure out the next rationale for the folks who still want everyone to stay home.

cav115 and Senna like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because they said so, dammit.

MachineR1 likes this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Good question. Murder hornets didn't work. Maybe there should be some rioting in the streets or something... Nah too extreme.

crashman and R Acree like this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Some would say 99.99999%.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I like buoy women.
    31CA8770-F56E-45F3-A510-E8AC03CA223F.jpeg

cav115 and Senna like this.
  15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

From where I work it's become a new religion for a few people and it somehow makes them relevant so they are going to keep it going as long as they can

cav115 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

cav115 likes this.
  17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Morons

cav115 likes this.
  19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member