1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

What were the trap
    Speeds between Wyman and pj ?

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

How do you want to define "real" superbike. If it is not legal for Stock 1000 then it is a real superbike. Next you'll be wanting to decide which of them are professional or factory riders or privateers or something. Or are some of them just kinda superbikey?

cav115, The Great One and turbulence like this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yep. And you can clearly tell he was at a speed disadvantage in both classes, but he was still that close. RA is the track where speed matters the most out of all the tracks they go to. If he was that close there, he will wax the field at most other tracks (even though I'd like to see De Keyrel win the championship).

Tough weekend for Suzuki though. Elias with 2 DNF's, Bobby with one, SDK with another.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Be interesting to see if MA can post any numbers of people streaming it worldwide since we were the only game in town.

5. sbk1198

For most laps about 3-4 mph difference, although the highest for both was 182 for PJ and 183 for Wyman. PJ's bike was pretty much on par with Gagne's for trap speeds.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

James Whitham and some other euro smellies have been tweeting about motoamerica.

My dvr missed today's race while I was out on the motorbike. But I saw SSTK and SBK yesterday and the audio mix was loads better than last season. They brought the engine noise up as they should. It really adds to the program.

cav115 and The Great One like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

I know Wyman is a small dude as well but I think PJ is tiny. I'm sure that helps.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Cawk Star likes this.
  9. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Ooops Paasch DQ for under weight!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and what are they saying?

[​IMG]

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not gonna lie....he is pretty skinny :D

Senna likes this.
  12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Race 2 Twins Cup in the loading queue. Starts at 8pm.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'd be starting a night shift after spending the last 20 years shitting on the factory teams for their unfair advantage then having a showing like that.

14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

One that is not legal for superstock. But I don't mean only because of a master cylinder. I'm talking superbike as in all the motor work aloud. Aftermarket swingarm, etc etc.

And they are all pros. I don't get into that only paid people are pro shit. That's horseshit in and of itself.

I think if you have raced a pro series, then you are a pro. Now I'm not saying race one time and your pro. I'm saying if you follow the pro series, then you are a pro racer.

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Then I would suggest that would include the 2 Attack Yamahas, the 2 M4 Suzukis, the Westby Yamaha, KWR Ducati, The 2 Schiebe BMWs, Aussie Dave's Suzuki, Max Flinder's Yamaha and Sam Verderico, at a minimum. That makes 11 superbikes, plus whatever locals show up at any given track and the Stock 1000's.
    I think a 20 bike field is pretty good, with more than half being "real" superbikes that are regulars for the season. I believe that more of the disparity is the caliber of rider rather than the build of the bike. That has been the case for years as you may remember that there have been a few fast guys on Stock 1000 bikes that have put it on the podium or been in the fight at some tracks.

stk0308 and The Great One like this.
  16. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Ten feet.

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So I did the math... Rocco lost out on wins by a cumulative time of .169 across all 4 races he entered this weekend. That’s gonna be a long ride home.

18. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

some days you’re the bug , some
    Days you’re the windshield . “Coffee is for closers “

Gino230 and t11ravis like this.
  19. sbk1198

Whaaaat?? For real? Where did you see that?

Was it from both races or just today's?

20. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member