WTB Size 36/46 One Piece Race Suit

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Z675S, May 26, 2020.

1. Z675S

Z675S New Member

Hey y'all, I'm looking for my first one piece suit but I'm a rather scrawny dude and I'm having trouble finding one my size. Anyone got anything that small laying around?

2. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

How tall are you ? Weight?

3. Z675S

Z675S New Member

5'8" and about 145

4. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs, and I wear a size 40/50 (alpinestars) -- I have to compress my chest to get it zipped. I understand other brands may fit differently.

5. Z675S

Z675S New Member

Oh weird. I have an older Dainese D1 Racing jacket that is a 36/46 and it fits nearly perfect. I've never worn anything by Astars.
    Hell, maybe my weight estimation is incorrect; I don't actually own a scale anymore.

Some basic measurements to get in the ballpark.

Chest: 36"
    Waist: 33.5"
    Inseam: 27"
    Outer Leg Length: 34"
    Sleeve: 23"

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  6. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

Yeah your size is very similar to mine, except 38" chest measurement. Probably within an inch of all your other measurements. I have the Alpinestars Motegi suit (both the 2015 version, and the v2 after I crashed the first one). The chest/torso is the most limiting factor of the suit for me (actually it's tightest on my mid ribcage, not upper chest); the legs on the 40/50 suit are actually a bit long, but still work and tuck into my boots fine. I wear it with a back protector, but not a chest protector; remember those take up some space as well.

7. Z675S

Z675S New Member

Cool, that makes me feel much more comfortable with risking a 38/48. I still worry that a 40/50 would be loose, but my options have improved greatly! Thanks!