1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpaceX

Discussion in 'General' started by Chasbro, Sep 28, 2019.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

All that work (ULA) moved out of California, and he is smart enough to recognize it, when opportunity knocks. I remember him racing RZ stuff.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

3. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

https://www.spacex.com/classof2020

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

They fired up the motor on SN4. A long 5 second burn. Started a stubborn fire underneath it.

5. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I get a kick out of the people that think everything is falling apart and the world will end because of a little fire. I mean, clearly it's not ideal - but it'll be ok...

For those who aren't aware - the really big deal right now is DM-2, the manned flight test. First manned launch from an American rocket since the Shuttle was retired. Currently set to launch around 4:30pm on Wed 5/27.

6. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

Actually it was more like 7 seconds. Much longer than the other static burns. Not sure why. The ship is probably ok other than the exterior cabling. We'll see how long it takes to get ready again. I'm going to try and be there when they hop it.

mpusch likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That Dragon thing is all touchscreens. Elon's companies build some cool shitte.

upload_2020-5-26_11-46-19.png

8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Launch is still currently scheduled for tomorrow around 4:30pm. Pretty decent chance of a weather delay to the weekend, but as of now tomorrow is still the plan.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Helmets suck.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The whole suit actually looks like something out of a 1960's sci-fi movie...

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's awesome.

mpusch likes this.
  12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Weather has been utter shit here the last couple days, and isn't going to get better.

We are full into near-daily afternoon thunderstorm mode that is typical of early summer here in FL.....

13. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Looks more like a Kmart jump suit to me. I suppose that when your ass is that hung out on the edge, function is king. Nothing else matters.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No thanks.
    I wouldnt want to be in that when you get a BSOD...as it really could be a blue screen of death if you dont have some steam gauges and old school switches to flip.

Also i find it very hard to hit the correct button on touchscreen GPS's in aircraft while flying thru even lite turbulence. Id hate to accidentally hit the "self destruct" part of the touch screen while bouncing around after launch when i really just wanted to change the channel from classical to 1st Wave or Lithium....:D

16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Countdown has started and bottles are getting pressed. Continuing to monitor weather, but as of now we are GO for launch.

motion likes this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

We are surrounded by thunderstorms all over Space Coast, and rader isn't too promising for the rest of the afternoon.

Could still clear, but if I know Florida these storms are going to scrub this thing. I think next window isn't till the weekend?

18. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the backup is the 30th.

19. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Parked on the streams until (hopefully) launch. Already 400k people watching 4 hours from t-0.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Crossing fingers.... really amped for this!