1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flipping a door

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, May 25, 2020.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

[​IMG]

Guess, who has, tips funny memes.

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’m as confused as riTchie normally is at this thread.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What the eff?

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Or, an empty bottle of Jack.

britx303 likes this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Maybe a US suburban version of caber tossing? Makes as much sense as the OP.

8. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Flipping the direction a door swings. Should have been more specific. Looking for any tips or lessons learned.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is this some thinly veiled coming out code? We've had that here before it's no big deal dude. Look at Cannoli.

ChemGuy likes this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Like every other problem, it can be solved by time and money. How nice the finished project looks depends on how much of both you spend. You’ll need to cut new hinge pockets in the wood trim and mount the door to the other side, then fill in the old holes with wood putty and stain to match. Or buy a new pre-hung door and replace the old one with it. Or try to match the trim and just replace the casement.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hire a GOOD finish carpenter, especially if its natural wood finish, ie stained Oak, etc. If its painted then much easier due to filling in old hinge pockets, latch, etc.

If its stained wood then you need to remove and replace or plane down and add on new wood on the inner part the door frame with same wood and stain to match. this is for new hinge pockets and latch. Hence hire a carpenter.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Tip: don’t ride something like this, unless you brought along a change of underwear and a first aid kit. ABD5E58F-09D1-4563-B5C1-AE8BAF842DE6.jpeg

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How old is the house and do you need the hinges to be on the same side? If it is a relatively new house with a split frame, you might be able to remove it, turn it around and reinstall.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I f@ckin' hated doors. Size, swing, material, core, hardware, type of lock(s), STC rating, do you need a closer, type of threshold and all that shit.

Then there's the frame, hings and the rest of that shit.

That's for office and to an extend, secure rooms and household doors are a touch easier but, I f@ckin' hated doors! :D

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Changing the swing in which direction? Examples: go from a left hand swing to right hand; or left hand to left hand reverse/vice-versa?

16. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Will the door flip make the current lightswitch location obsolete? That would be a bigger PITA than carving out new hinge pockets.