1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk Thermostats

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, May 25, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I need a thermostat that locks...damn kids. I dont need all that internet wifi learning crap...

Any suggestions? @pickled egg @JBraun

Thanks

And shit.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Turn it down to cool, turn it up to heat. You retarded?

3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

This boomer version should work if the digital isn't an option:D 003.jpg

badmoon692008 and brex like this.
  4. Chasbro

Chasbro Well-Known Member

A while back, I replaced my 'analog' thermostat with one of those programmable units. I should have left it alone.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Glue tacks to the buttons and see how badly they want to change it.

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Most of the commercial stats will be able to be passcode protected. You can also be a real asshole and put the stat behind a locked door and run a remote thermometer to the existing stat location. How aggravating to go bump the stay and done a blank white block? :D

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Its already digital, but no lockout.........gen YYYner... :D

OK thanks.

Too much work....

Doe those fancy Nest ones have lock out?

9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

@pickled egg can tell you which one to get that has a feature which makes it automatically turn on the fan every so often - I'd highly recommend getting that one.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Pro 1 T855. Relatively cheap, multi stage capability, Aesthetically pleasing, and an easy lock.

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Steer clear of Nest. Just another Google company harvesting data.

TurboBlew and nd4spd like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just so happens I still have the box on the table from changing out my old stat.

It works with my Lutron Hub, as well.

One of these days I’ll dig in to see if there is any fine tuning on the features, but yes, it does have the period fan running to circulate the air feature.

Attached Files:

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

So is your fan always set to circulate? And if the heat and/or air are running, the fan behaves as it would in "auto", correct? If so, for $100 I'm going to bite the bullet and go ahead and fuck up this install (screwed up my first wifi themostat when we moved in 7 years ago).

14. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Ecobee units are great. They can be programmed with an app that you can use to set min and max Temps. It's also very programmable. You can see what the settings are anytime on the app and adjust.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Set to periodically circulate. Haven’t dug in to see how often or for how long when there’s no call for heat/cool.