1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 27, 2020.

1. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

ok thanks. the pre-reg deadline is normally 2 weeks before the event right? i only race a few WERA events per year, so i'm a little rusty with this stuff.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Deadline is Sunday at midnight before the event for the Saturday races and Monday at midnight for the Sunday races. So there will be a week if I get my crap together today... No promises :D

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey Mongo
    Gov Whitler is opening the UP and the northern lower peninsula for restaurants, etc. So maybe the Grattan area will open sometime soon

t11ravis likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hope so. We've got until August for there. Current concerns are Summit in 3 weeks followed by Nelson the weekend after. Ohio is starting to look up but haven't read through the executive orders there yet to see if they're as messed up as WV is.

5. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

Any info on Summit Point June 6th? We have an endurance team that needs to start planning. I know you guys are doing everything you can, just have to ask unfortunately. Thanks for the assistance!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing official but my gut says there's not much chance the way WV is doing things and their inability to clarify the executive orders they put out.

APO2112 likes this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

@craig641

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My daughter and I are doing a hare scramble the weekend prior to y’all’s round at summit, and coincidentally it’s relatively close to summit in West Virginia. We just got the all clear a day or 2 ago. We still have to do all the social distancing thing though in the paddock

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

cool, we might get lucky

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I hope so. My wife is crunching the numbers to see if I can getaway with 2 race weekends in a row at this very second. I’ve been looking forward to WERA back at summit and would like to come give some V6-7 or 8 support. Hope y’all get’r ironed out

Ducti89 likes this.
  11. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Is camping going to be allowed at Road Atlanta?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm trying to figure out if we're even doing it but yes, if we do you'll be able to camp like normal.

13. Mark Badillo

Mark Badillo Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Ohio Governor opens up including wedding receptions inside up to 300 people with distancing etc. Looks like Nelson outdoors would be allowed but don't know the language. Bowling, training, dining and larger social groups also mentioned during state of the state address. Just saying! Hopefully more than just riders.

JJJerry and jksoft like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nelson looks fine.

15. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

How are you feeling about VMDs?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not the slightest clue. I'm sure we could run all the different races - but given the event is about the event as a whole and is a benefit for the museum I can't see a reason to run it without the swap meet and spectators - but that isn't remotely close to my pay grade so that's just a personal opinion. I know they want to run it but that's all I have so far. Guessing it'll depend on Ohio opening more in the next couple of weeks. There's still plenty of time to figure that one out.

17. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

when is the deadline for the decision on Summit? i have to give work a vacation notice if the event is happening.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, thought it was yesterday but they got really hopeful so today...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okey dokey... Our latest change due to the covids - to make up for missing the Roebling and Talladega National events we are going to make the August 22-23 a double header for the Sportsman races as originally scheduled and we are adding in the National Challenge Series classes on both days. I'll have a schedule up and pre entry open in the next day or two.

Working out what to do for Cycle Jam, more on that later....

20. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

Would the Atlanta races on 9/5 and 9/6 be a National each day as well?

Wish I could make the Tally Nationals but we will be on vacation. My tires are greatful tho...