1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because Sean needs actual answers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, May 20, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure he does and that's part of why he hates lawyers :crackup:

But seriously a large part of everything - and not just talking about this track or event - is a huge concern over lawsuits, not losing them but having to fight them. But there is also an image issue that is really big for any larger companies. They have to look like they care or they lose a ton of business from the stupid people. Their jobs are to stay in business just like ours.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Please do.
    Masks certainly are not bombproof -- the papers cited allude to numerous issues of efficacy, not the least having to do with human behavior and usage, and not the mask itself. Also, the papers are testing medical masks, not the roll-your-own variety that many are using. Regardless, I wasn't even advocating for their efficacy, but rather showing that there is evidence in the peer lit that they do work . It should be noted (because folks here seem to misunderstand how science works) that evidence that they don't work under some circumstances doesn't entirely falsify their marginal benefit. What was amusing about Booger's post and the claim that misuse causes transmission misrepresents how they are designed to be used -- to lower the viral shedding coming from an infected individual; hence you can't transmit to yourself if the target user is already infected. Masks, like most non-pharma mitigations only push the probabilities, subject to actual behaviors.

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

This isn’t your fathers tuberculosis

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not even close, dad would have never expected Brady to go play there.

Killswitch and pickled egg like this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

No...I was kind of joking...I completely understand you're very busy sorting that all out right now. I apologize Mr. Mongo.

I'm just also looking for places for the now Medium Guy to get to ride his Ohvale this year more than anything. And the June Summit event would probably be our best bet, but it's his Mom's weekend, so that may be a brick wall.

But if we could get there...we will, and wearing masks out and about will not be an issue.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I fully expect Summit if it happens and Nelson to be more like Roebling, not required but suggested and all the normal CDC stuff as it stands now.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

3 midgets?.... and no takers.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Dern already won it.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's good to hear.....hope this stays a transient thing.

10. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Why? They’re easy to find and if you had any inclination to entertain a position other than your own as possibly having merit, you would already have read them.

brex likes this.
  11. ton

ton Arf!

because you made an unsupported assertion as counterpoint to what dsapsis said. burden's on you to make your point. or not.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Burden is to not take this to the dungeon. Cancelling Road A is annoying. Seeing that MA is scheduling Laguna against the GNF is more annoying (I know they're screwed on date availability too). Don't add to it....

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Must have skipped over it....

14. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Nothing amusing about you not understanding my post.

My point was that it’s almost impossible to use a mask for any extended period, including taking it on, adjusting it, etc., without my dirty and possibly covid-ridden fingers touching the inside of the mask. Proper medical use of them includes not using them over and over. I’ve been using the same N95 mask for 2 months now and it’s funky as shit.

I’m much safer by keeping my distance from others, which as a germaphobe I’ve always done. I am also very diligent about not coughing or sneezing on others, or even standing near them.

It’s all theatre.

15. baconologist

Thank you

crashman likes this.
  16. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Yall gonna kill me.
    [​IMG]

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, she is.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Please tell me you are the best man at her wedding.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Opps I did it again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. baconologist

Looks like she thinks so!