1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some input for Road Atlanta this month...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Hannigan

Patrick Hannigan Well-Known Member

I would wear a mask if it means we get to race. No brainer

jksoft likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

3. fsualum998

fsualum998 Well-Known Member

I plan on attending if the event is held and will gladly wear a mask while not in my car, camper, or race helmet.

4. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

Most lawyers are cowardly cunts.

Most politicians think the Karens (Disapsis, R Acree) actually vote/mean a damn thing.

Road A in particular is uniquely positioned.

For the cost of one weekend of lost rentals, it could have paid a good attorney to handle 90% of a federal suit - it would have won.

I truly hope Cycle Jam goes forward and is very profitable. But it would be tragic to host the event and overestimate participation.

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Hartluck36

Hartluck36 Well-Known Member

I plan to be there. Will wear the mask so we can race.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The rest are penis craniums.

7. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

Yes

joec likes this.
  8. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't assume this. Not every policy reads the same and there is a lot going on in the industry surrounding this concern right now. I'll leave it at that for the time being, but if anyone wants some more information feel free to PM me.

inge likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not while your helmet is on but all other times outside of your own vehicle(s).

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't answer that sorry. I don't think they'll be that bad about it but the people at the track are under the same constraints we are, they aren't the ones making the rules but just like us they'd be the ones who have to enforce them.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oddly my concern with this isn't going under by not running it, that would be much much cheaper. It's running it and the requirements along with no spectator income keeping us from paying some pretty huge bills.

Boman Forklift and Gino230 like this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Would racers be allowed to not wear mask while under their canopy?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I wouldn't think lack of spectators is a plus for the venue either. In any case, I hope things relax soon.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Only inside a vehicle.

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Judging by how the Nascar races look, I'd say no. But there would also be no TV cameras and a lot less eyes on you.

16. Byorgue

Byorgue Member

I’m planning on attending Road Atlanta and my family and I will wear masks.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And as long as they own the track anything that happens there will be attributed to them so they have a very very valid concern about requirements in some areas of their racing and different ones in others. Yes racers would get why it's different but the media and public would not.

noles19 likes this.
  18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Oh I absolutely understand them covering their ass as much as possible

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Any thoughts on moving the event? Maybe the fall date?

Let the craziness pass.

E Reed likes this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

How about a canopy with walls? Not trying to make work for you, but I would think that could really help and make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.