1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because Sean needs actual answers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, May 20, 2020.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

They are getting paid to be there and it’s required as a part of their employment. We would be paying to be there. One is necessity the other is a choice. Big difference.

VFR#52, Killswitch, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

If we're just checking the box... I'm rocking this:

[​IMG]

Once a Wanker.. and Motofun352 like this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

They are wearing them because of State and track mandates. For once Sean is trying not to kill road racing. And some of you don't get it. Wear one or forget about getting back on the track any time soon.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

^^^so much this.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Gonna be a blast in the dead of summer with the heat and humidity and trying to suck air through a mask when you're already winded from throwing a 400 lb chunk of metal around in anger on track for the last 20-30 straight minutes when you're already out of shape and a part-time smoker. :D

JBall likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Life choices :)

cav115 and joec like this.
  7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Going to walk that political tightrope here

I'm not going to get into the people talking about taking their freedoms and we can be responsible while protesting shoulder to shoulder without one but in this case would it be possible to meet the requirements without going overboard? If we are in our pits (outside) with less than 10 people, no masks required and also no judgment of your bravery if you choose to wear one. Then for the riders meeting, tech, registration, etc we do wear one? In our state our Governor is being judged a nazi and I still thought they were only required inside public places. There was initially talk from the science community that the turbulence of a breeze made it very difficult for the virus to stay in the air. While the tight spaces and relative calm air was the need for them inside. But I'm good with everyone having to wear them even outside when I have to interact with y'all dirty racers.

Flame away I'm not a anti-masker but there are times when them being required doesn't make sense

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

All I know is, Monday is a holiday, so getting stuff shipped in for this event that may, or may not happen, has to be done tomorrow to get here in time. We need to get to this.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I get it very clearly, Sean is asking would we go to Atlanta if required to wear a mask all the time except when on the bike. Someone else posted up a pictures of people wearing masks for their job and insinuated that it was the same, but it's totally irrelevant to his question. To answer Sean's question I would not go. I was actually planning to go this year as I have given up on Mid O due to the condition of the track surface and this was going to be my one race for the year but I've decided that I'm not driving 8+ hours to spend the whole weekend in a mask.

418, VFR#52, Killswitch and 1 other person like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

VFR#52 and dobr24 like this.
  11. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m planning to race the upcoming Summit round and hopefully one or two more rounds. I will grudgingly wear one for registration, rider’s meeting, and such. But I won’t wear one for general activities like working/relaxing/eating at my paddock space, or walking around.

I have found no peer reviewed studies that demonstrate mask wearing is effective, and it’s my belief that re-using and constantly touching it increases my chance of contracting covid or other nasty crap. To me the mask wearing dictates are a lot like TSA at the airports—all about the theatre.

VFR#52 and Killswitch like this.
  12. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

They need to sell just 10mm sockets by the gross. Id buy a bag.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

14. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

From the "Odd-ball Picture of the Day" page.
    [​IMG]

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can't believe some of you are actually crying about this, as if wearing a mask were gonna asphyxiate you if you take another step further.
    Man up, pansies.

pscook, beechkingd and Jedb like this.
  17. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

18. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm starting to see why the showers at every race track look the way they do. Buncha unsanitary heathens y'all are. :)

19. joec

joec brace yourself

Hey booger.... You taking applications for pit bitches? And what is ya riding? You still beating the crap out of that sv?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You don’t know @dsapsis very well, do you?