1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some input for Road Atlanta this month...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I am probably not in since it is more than 800 miles for me. But If I was going I would comply with the requirements. Not a big deal.

2. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

And fairies take it in the tailpipe. What's your point?

At some point, you have to call out ignorance. And these tracks and many racers have failed in that regard.

3. kildagin

kildagin Well-Known Member

A mask requirement would not prevent me from attending.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You coming to race?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I wouldn't do it for some government official but I'd do it to support Evelyne.

cav115, GarrettRick, Gino230 and 4 others like this.
  6. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'll wear a mask. No big deal.

Cheers,

Dave

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Will racers have a few minutes to catch there breath after coming off track before having to put on a mask in the heat? Serious question

8. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

I understand. But that sucks. I wanted to come support since I am close. Hope y’all can make it

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I will be there run one or two races, chill in the van with ac running to break from mask. I will support WERA

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I will let you handle the tailpipe, that’s not my thing.

Since you are an attorney, I figured you would get the point? But since you didn’t, if I were racing the WERA series, I would want to support WERA to make sure I had a place to continue racing. If they go away, where will you drive to then? I believe you are already out of CMRA?

Since Racers, race, wearing a mask, although a pain, is just one more thing to do. In the land of many things racers already have to do, it isn’t that big of a deal, IMO
    1. Smell 2010 helmet
    2. Boots
    3. One piece leathers
    4. Gloves
    5. Back protector
    6. Chest protector
    7. Safety wire on every freaking bolt
    8. Water instead of coolant
    9. Etc.
    I wear a mask when I go to the store out here, not because I agree or want to, but because I have to if I want to eat food, or buy supplies, etc.

Same deal IMO.

TLR67 and G Dawg like this.
  11. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

40ABF4B0-026B-479E-82C5-54D83FAB0C9C.jpeg Haven’t worn a mask once since this started, but if that’s what it takes for you guys to put on an event I’ll do it. We know it’s something beyond your control. Here is my choice.

badmoon692008 and Newyork like this.
  12. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

wearing the required mask and the other precautions would not be a issue with me .

13. 418

418 Expert #59

FWIW, I was planning on racing at Cycle Jam, once I saw the Roebling regulations I scrapped that plan.

Keeping my political reasons aside I just didn't think it would be any fun. Half the reason I go to the track is to see friends and socialize. Also I'm not either forcing my kids to wear mask outside or keeping them in the toyhauler for 2 days straight. Another pain on the dick I don't feel like dealing with.

It sucks WERA is caught in-between this bullshit.

14. inge

inge Between fight or flight, one should choose wisely.

Why the tracks, particularly RA, didn't file suits on day two of various lockdowns is beyond me.

Most are important to the counties they occupy.

Zero legal basis for the lockdown.

BI insurance won't cover the short term lost revenue. Margins are razor thin anyway.

Long term, racers don't just sit out one weekend and come back. They weigh the cost, logistics, and points.

Kill the fun at one or two events, those repurcussions will last at least a season.

badmoon692008 and VFR#52 like this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

In spite of your suspect logic (I'll draw it for you: mask = no fun), you are insufferable. Maybe just go away?

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    motoracer1100 and Yzasserina like this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So kill the events, bankrupt the racing organizations and tracks, and lose your options...great planning there.

Boman Forklift and cav115 like this.
  17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind who you are affecting. WERA is working hard to keep our racing alive during this. Choose wisely, and don`t F#% yourself and them.

R Acree likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

As a small business owner, I have considered this- however, attorneys are not knocking down my door offering to file suit for free. I'm glad you understand that most businesses have "razor thin margins" which doesn't leave alot of funds to invest in a long term legal war. Not to mention that when you stand up, the rest of the arms of Government will immediately attack. I fought that battle with the City of Atlanta. Not fun.

Boman Forklift and Motohead8 like this.
  19. Motohead8

Motohead8 Member

I plan on attending, wearing a mask isnt any worse than asking me to wear pants. Some people...

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pants optional

Motohead8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.