1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Because Sean needs actual answers.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, May 20, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

. . . would you be willing to wear a mask of some sort any time you are outside of your trailer/truck/rv.

But it's too good of a set up not to reply to. Why do I picture that old south park where everyone is wearing Chewbacca masks. :crackup:

Or all you dopes wearing Bane masks and taking like him!

Or Dart showing up in his C3PO helmet (and full costume) because he wants to trying it on before Star Wars Com 2020 to make sure he has the mannerisms down perfectly. :D

pawpawrc likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have two with a skull on them :D

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's completely stupid, but yes I'd wear one at wherever you're holding an endurance round if that's what it takes.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm just picturing the panic just to get the bike ready for the next race because of an incident or to change tires, it's fucking hot & humid and the 10mm socket IS. NOT. WHERE. I. LEFT. IT. LAST!!!

A mask over & above that?

Honestly, I'd go nuts... :(

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

7. joec

joec brace yourself

How will the paddock enjoy some cold snacks in the evening? A crew needs some refreshments after a hard day of pointing and laughing.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

upload_2020-5-20_18-51-4.jpeg

@joec She's in Severna Park, MD....it's a Madison, WI number. But she's made me a couple masks.

Serious question at for Dave/Mongo, does coming out of one's trailer/toy hauler/RV with a helmet on meet the requirement for wearing a "mask"?

I mean, my son and I MIGHT consider racing with WERA on our Ohvales if Mongo would answer my mini question about what dates/events will have mini classes (hint hint) on the East Coast.

I have no problem wearing a mask, I was just curious how a helmet does or doesn't qualify. Trying to fit a mask under a helmet would be a serious pain.

I saw something where the NFL is looking to develop helmets now with some sort of N95 filtering in them for players, but their helmets are not full face enclosed, either.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  10. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

In case there are any Star Wars fans on here who are planning to attend the 2020 event...

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...ees-on-status-of-this-years-event-in-anaheim/

Amid the many various uncertainties surrounding the current global coronavirus pandemic, Star Wars fans have also been wondering if they should cancel their plans to be in Anaheim, California for the 2020 Star Wars Celebration. Seeing as how similar conventions such as WonderCon and San Diego Comic-Con have already been cancelled, it seemed reasonable to assume that Celebration would follow suit, either postponing this year’s event or canceling it altogether.

Today [April 30, 2020] Star Wars Celebration sent out an email to fans and attendees with an update on its plans for the late August event, though it doesn’t quite settle the matter. Instead, the convention’s organizers insist that they are in contact with the city of Anaheim and are monitoring the situation carefully. They also state that should Celebration happen as scheduled, they intend to adhere to public health guidelines, but should it be cancelled they will offer full refunds or ticket transfers to any potential future date.

11. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I’d wear one to riders’ meeting and anytime walking around paddock, etc.
    Would prefer not to have to wear one in my own pit area at my toyhauler when no one else is there, assuming there is 6-10 feet or more space between individual pits/trailers.

But I WOULD do it, if that’s what it takes to have the race events.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

The Bane mask idea is awesome. Cracking up thinking of everyone trying to talk that way all damn day.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Harvick.jpg 5ec5b0382c320.image.jpg Any of you bitching about wearing them happen to watch last weekends NASCAR race ?

14. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Evening masks... 77A6CB85-BA2D-464B-A84B-948BE1F69436.jpeg

15. joec

joec brace yourself

Would suck to not beat that rival for the year. Or possibly lose a championship because you didn't want to ride that additional 8 laps because you have to wear a mask. Just to make a statement that will mean likely almost nothing when the gnf rolls around.

16. drop

drop Well-Known Member

G Dawg likes this.
  17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I don't think you have to wear one while racing.
    Same as the other sports that are about to open up.
    You need to have them on when you are around other people to prevent the spread.

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I saw the number of replies on FB and thought, how many of these people ever planned on being at Road Atl at all? And if they realized that they are just adding confusion by stating they would/wouldn't show up because of the mask situation, when in reality, they were never going to be there?

beechkingd, cav115, drop and 2 others like this.
  19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Safety theater......but thats how the masses want to play the game :shrug:

crashman likes this.
  20. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    It is a mask, after all.