1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jake Lewis has a ride.....Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, May 19, 2020.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

N2 also runs quite a few days at Rd Atlanta. Regarding turn 1....Due to the track layout and how pit out works there, It is one of the places to be extra careful during a trackday when folks could be entering the track at any time. The full pace line crosses over the white line quite a bit. Similar issue with Pitt Race during a trackday.

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Good for Jake!

All the pro riders are fast. I don’t care if they’re gridded at the back, they qualified and they’re STILL fast.

5axis likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

STT has the track June 1 and 2 after Moto America. Check their website sportbiketracktime.com

ducnut likes this.
  4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This. I root for all of them at the same time. lol anytime theres a pass im like "hell yeah!" IDGAF who passed who. lol

Shit Sam V. shows up to most rounds, qualifies, and prolly has the time of his life. I think it's great. He also has cool boats

I walked by the Flinders camp at COTA last year, and they dont have much more "stuff" in their paddock space as what my wife and I brought to AM CCS races last year and that kid is out there kickin ass with it.

Racing is the best you guys.

Gino230, 23103a, ducnut and 1 other person like this.
  5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

EvolveGT has a track day July 17 before the club racing weekend.

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

What he said.

Zars will be there on May 25th - Awesome organization, they have free icecream bars
    STT Will be there june 1
    Motovid Will be there in July and September

Road America is worth going to. All those organizations are good, but I would go with Zars first

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Thanks man!

I'll probably do the September round being that I'm in Los Angeles. I would literally tow my shit out there, ride and come back. Maybe hit Utah on the way back.

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

No Ice Cream according to the last announcement...:( #fuckcorona

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Go for it, you wont regret it. I just spent my first winter in Wisconsin after living in FL and TX my whole life.

I was so tired of snow that in March I loaded up, drove down to New Orleans, rode NOLA for three days and drove back home. Do it, yo wont regret it!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You moved TO the snow? :confused:

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The poor bastard.

I’d do some real Deliverance shit to get out of the snow belt.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I grew up in Illinois and remember when I was in college, telling someone if they offer me $15K a year somewhere warm or $25K per year somewhere cold, I will take the pay cut and go where it is warm. These were 82-84 dollars. I ended up in Texas for $21,600 with that first job.

I still remembered the winter of 79 and we didn't get above zero as a high for the entire month of January. I knew I was getting out of Illinois after college no matter what. I even met a really hot girl my last year of college. We got along great and I cut it off and decided to stay friends because I didn't want to get roped into staying in Illinois. We still spoke for a few years after I moved, but she stayed in Illinois and nothing was going to keep me there.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yep, grew up in the northwest suburbs. How I don't have a drug or alcohol addiction is beyond me. Crap weather, featureless landscape, overpoliced. I'd never consider going back.

tony 340 and Boman Forklift like this.
  14. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:crackup: yeah, the job moved me, so here I am. Trying to get back south as soon as the job lets me.

ducnut and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Get out as fast as you can, imo. The Midwest has a way of grabbing hold and not letting go.

The people are very nice...but goddamn do I hate the weather.

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

There are some great roads to ride where he is. I used to live in Sparta and worked in Chaseburg. It was 32 miles with 9 of it freeway and over 100 turns on my usual route. I only got pulled over once in the 2 years I was there. The whole coulee region around there is outstanding.

17. Trainwreck

Live in MI my entire life. I can agree. I'll never leave no matter how much I absolutely hate snow/cold/winter. I don't know why, I just don't think I ever would... I don't even do any winter activities. I don't snowmobile, ski, ice fish (i'm actually terrified of frozen bodies of water, bad experience when I was a teen), or hunt at all. From early November to late march I gain and lose about 15-20lbs, work 60-70 hours a week, and make/drink alcohol with my pals. Other then that, I dont go outside. At all.

Once it gets warm though, lake days and track days every weekend, dirt track practice with pals, cookouts 1-2 times a week, nightly garage hangs, etc.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Living in FL and visiting the In Laws in Montreal made me realize that it's not just the cold- in the winter it's dark up there by 430. If you sleep in like me, you get like 6 hours of "light", which is actually just grey light. FML that is depressing!

I do love going up to Wisconsin for Road America, the trip is worth it even without the track. This year will be my 4th time heading up, I did AHRMA for 2 years before taking the plunge and doing MA last year. I do love how the midwesterners enjoy their summers!

There are a lot of cool Air Bnb's in Elkhart lake, too.

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm in Iowa and I absolutely love summer here. It's great. Our most recent winter was actually not too bad, but it just sucks not being able to ride track from October to really late May. Hoping to set aside some funds for a dirt bike this year to up my seat time.

The winter of 2018/19 was complete hell, though. Fuck.

20. Trainwreck

I want to get some actual dirt bikes soon.. In 2018 about 15 of my friends and I got the bright idea to all buy Groms. We all race cars and some of the tracks/event organizers were banning pit bikes because people are idiots. So they made it either golf carts, or something with tags/insurance. So we bought Groms to use as pit bikes and to leave track and head into towns or whatever.. Because their were 15 of us we got a killer deal on them.. ( I think I got mine for like $2900 cash OTD) What ended up happening is that we build a flat dirt road course at a buddies house that has about a 19-23 second lap and we just beat the hell out of them there. lol

I never really did any dirt bike stuff ever until last year. I got the opportunity to borrow a KTM 125 2 stroke to ride some single tracks up in norther MI and I've wanted one of my own ever since.

I can absolutely agree on the 18/19 winter being super shitty. I have a heated and insulated shop with most fab equipment you'd ever need aside from some CNC stuff, and I only went in there a handful of times these past 2 winters. I told my wife i'm going to do the 2021 race bike build in our basement. lol

Also why does your god damn state have a 65mph speed limit? No one wants to be in Iowa! It should have a 90mph speed limit. I have in laws in Omaha and the drive through Iowa will eventually make a felon out of me.

Senna likes this.