1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any new Toyota hookups here?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 18, 2020.

1. sdg

sdg *

I sure like my 98. My favorite daily ever. More power and better brakes would be nice but then it wouldn't get the mileage so...

Benmont likes this.
  2. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

I used to work at the Toyota plant here in TX so that's all we drove, but we absolutely loved our 4runner 4x4. Now is a good time to buy one.

[​IMG]

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lol... the local toyota dealer has a Landcruiser all tarted out with those silly roof baskets and gold wheels... $110,000 sticker on it.

4. sdg

sdg *

If they brought the diesel Hilux they sell to mines in Chile here I would pay whatever they wanted for it.

wera313 and ChemGuy like this.
  5. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I’m looking to buy a 4 Runner TRD Off-road Premium. If there are any hookups like fords X-Plan anybody wants to share with me please let me know!

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Man, I just don't get it. I test drove a 13 Tacoma about a year ago and couldn't wait to get out of the damn thing...

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the new 3rd gen (16-20) is worlds better than a 2013. love my 19 sport double cab 4x4. 20 mpg while hauling 2 dirt bikes in the bed. hard to beat, and resale is out of this world. you really are better off buying new tacoma's, since they hold their value so much. Ski

8. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Same. Every tacoma and 4runner I've ever been in feels like there's 6" of height between the floor and the roof. There's just no room in the damn things. And at the cost they go for, you can get a half ton and have miles more space.

9. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

super stripped down version, 4 cylinder. It didn't even have cruise control.

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

This is the reason I bought a Tundra

11. sdg

sdg *

The size is my favorite part of the 98. They got lots bigger the next gen.

12. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I love a small car as much as the next guy, but for a crew cab pickup to be used as a family hauler (as I presume most are), the ‘midsize’ trucks are 1/3 size of the regular half tons on interior space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. sdg

sdg *

I've got a real truck for that...

14. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

The gen5 4runners are bigger than the previous years, so there's a lot more interior room than the Tacos.

racerx13 likes this.
  15. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Ive been having a hard time finding a deal. A local dealer offered me 10% off msrp. Still seems like a lot for a fucking Toyota.

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Fixed it.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm glad some people, like my sister, like Toyotas. They seem like the most boring turds to me ever, like why would I waste my life driving that turd? Whatever... I will never buy one. Its Porsches, Ferraris, MBs and other eccentric crap for me. Can't help it.

I had a new 2019 Tundra as a rental last year. It was horrid. The next week, I had a 2019 Expedition XL and it was a million times more interesting.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

agreed & Exactly why I’m looking for one. I’m tired of working on my German DD. I want something I can hop in and know it’ll take me to the other side of the country.

if I need personality I’ll go drive my m3.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

And this is why they cost so much and hold their value. Everyone knows they are super reliable and will run for >200,000 mi without breaking a sweat.
    And be worth 90% of purchase price 3 years later.
    And actually any deal on tacos or 4runners is amazing. 99% of the time they can name their price and sell everyone they make.

20. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

If I had to guess, the average age of a Toyota owner is probably past 60 now. Their owner demographics have gotten older and older every year.