1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires for street bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Jon Wilkens, May 18, 2020.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

In general I don't think I've ever been able to beat chaparral prices buy anything that makes it worthwhile plus their selection is always been excellent.
    there's a reason they have over 300,000 square feet of store & inventory buildings.

baconologist and Jon Wilkens like this.
  2. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

One of the many things that are up in the air right now with all the scamdemic going on...

baconologist likes this.
  3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My Hypocrisy goes only so far...I run tires for Confidence of Application, not Longevity or Price.
    I suppose me seeing a really shagged out "New", Shinko, just ruined it for me forever...

YMMV.

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

As a general guideline for buying anything on Google, shopping feeds are heavily regulated and checked often enough that the price advertised is the price you pay (as an aside, the third shopping image below is "illegal" and should be flagged by Google because it shows multiple products in the image while displaying a price for only one product), so this is what you should do. The first image below is a standard SERP (search engine results page). It displays a whole bunch of shit (text ads, shopping ads, organic listings, local search results, etc.). What you want to focus on is the shopping tab circled in red.

People can (and do) play games with this by advertising their cheapest/smallest size, but the cost of a click and Google oversight makes it so most people are trying to be as upfront as possible about their pricing.

Hope this helps next time you're shopping on Google.

upload_2020-5-18_18-5-7.png

upload_2020-5-18_18-4-7.png

Attached Files:

turbulence likes this.
  5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Jon, you're making me want to get a bike to put a ton of miles on. It's been a while since I've done that

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep. Their secondary warehouse is in Winchester, about 20 miles from Lexington. I get everything in 2 days, 3 days worst case.

baconologist likes this.
  7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I get stuff same day from them. :Poke:

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

you don’t have time with your Track commitments

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

There's a lot of truth to that.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Anybody been to their tire dept in San Bernadino? It is truly one of the most impressive tire shops I have ever been to. Row after row after row of m/c tires.

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

You got plenty of time...lets ride!

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

How about their code dates, though?

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Fine and no issues but sometimes when you have 1200 or so tires in the rack one may get missed. But they sell a large amount and plus they're in a large population area so they restock often.
    And the tire dept manager was the west coast Metzeler sales guy so he does understand tires better than most

ducnut likes this.
  15. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

If you bought it, post the date of manufacture. I just ordered a set from a local shop.

16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Don’t cross into Wisconsin from the Illinois border ... the local won’t like it ! :D

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

August of 2019.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Stg or stgboy

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Woah ... woah ... woah ...

We don’t like Minnesotans or Michiganders any better. Iowa is only slightly above them, but only because they don’t have a football team to compete with, and the Hawkeyes don’t count. :D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

So your an equal opportunity Hater ... got it ! :D