1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meal delivery services

Discussion in 'General' started by acorn27, May 10, 2020.

1. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Simple ingredients, avoid processed, fresh as possible, no sugar, that's the goal. Try to avoid processed stuff as much as possible but keep things simple enough that it's not discouraging to keep it up I guess.

I love food I just don't want to think about it/plan it.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I read that as 'farts' first glance...

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Is the motivation for this just to be healthier or for weight loss? If weight loss, I‘m a big fan of IIFYM for the laymen. I’ve dieted down a couple different times with that approach and it’s the most realistic ideology I’ve found for successful dieting.

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Not to be too nosy, but why "different times"? Is there something about the IIFYM that is unsustainable?

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Haha good question. No, it’s sustainable. I did two gain/bulk phases in college. I IIFYM for three years throughout.

I worked a pretty grueling gig at a distribution center after school while I was looking for a career job. 16-hour super physical days fucked up my lifting recovery and burnt me out on very focused lifting and dieting for quite a while.

pscook likes this.
  6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

diet can be pretty simple, get a rice cooker, a slow cooker. maybe an air fryer...i cook about 8lb of chicken at a time and a few cups of rice every day. get some seasoning for the chicken and youre good to go. i have rice cooked right now and am about to cook some 93%lean red meat on the stove. i eat this way everyday - 5x a day, so its sustainable. i can actually throw this stuff together in 10min and have it cook while i get ready for work etc. oatmeal mixed with your fav protein powder is an easy breakfast too...yes i compete - but this is daily eating for me. and if i can do it _ ANYONE can. only difference between this and when i am in prep is that i dont eat out unless its a refeed. i would never pay the crazy high prices of a food prep to get what i can make in 10min.

DmanSlam likes this.
  7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I feel you on that, bud. Had a bowl of cereal with whole milk recently. I looked like liquid ice cream and tasted just as good!

Attached Files:

pickled egg likes this.
  8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

IHIWPTWA... WDYJSWTHYM?

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Took me a second. :p

10. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Not really weight loss, I’m at 6’0” and around 175#, it’s more of a need to tone up/shape up along with a better excercise habit, develop healthier habits in general. I’m just so damn tired all the time, I know I’m not putting the best “fuel” in the machine.

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yep I get it. Had the same epiphany moment last year. AM workouts were a godsend for me. I was always a very late night workout guy (9-10 pm start time), but it fatigued the shit out of me for work the next day. I do have to get to bed by about 9 if I’m hitting up the commercial gym, and need to wake up by 4-430 so it’s definitely an adjustment.

Re: tiredness. I’ve found daily electrolyte drinks to be a game changer for me. I don’t know if it’s placebo and I don’t care. One NUUN tablet in the morning or a pedialyte packet makes a noticeable difference in energy levels. Might be worth a shot.

If you can get the routine and diet down it’s super rewarding. I’m a control freak and having diet/exercise as outlets during the pandemic have been crucial.

12. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Buy a grill, griddle pan, meat and vegetables, lots of spices and marinades. That's all you need.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My wife found a deal where you get 3 meals for two people at $35 per week for the first 3 weeks, then $50 after that. Last night we had the first one and I was pleasantly shocked how good it tasted. She went through Home Chef. Everything to make the meal was in the package, right down to the spices. Even when it goes to $50, that's still just $8.30 per meal. For just the two of us, this works out great.

acorn27 and Yzasserina like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

All those meal delivery places seem to give away the first month or two of meals. Their CAC is through the roof and significantly outpaces their LTV.

15. We’ve been doing these for at least a year, probably longer. They are REALLY good.

https://eattoevolve.com/?wickedsour...lkQsIgttAiPf9O6hNZpfYyQJX-dLailgaAlpKEALw_wcB

It is fresh cooked food, just like in a restaurant (the brothers that do it started out with a restaurant and it went from there).

So it is cooked fresh, then vacuum sealed, and delivered in coolers packed in ice. It is never frozen.

The food is really, really good. No shit. It’s the same quality and taste I would pay for if I went to a restaurant.

We do those twice a day (lunch and dinner). They have breakfast stuff too and I’ve tried it. But don’t do it every day.

Their customer service is GREAT. There have been 3 different times the food was delayed (through no fault of theirs, shipping delays due to storms and shit). And when the food showed up, the ice wasn’t frozen in the boxes. They said it would probably be ok, but to be on the safe side they resent the whole week’s order, for free.

The best thing is that it is fast. We can go from “Are you ready to eat?” to actually eating, in less than 5 minutes.

Take off the plastic, put in microwave for 1 minute, stir around, microwave 1 more minute, eat it.

Then there is no cleanup or dishes to wash.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Ours wasn't that quick, it still required normal style cooking but like you said, it was damn near restaurant quality. I'll have to check out that service you listed, it looks like damn good meals. We were in that rut where it seemed like we never had a good plan for dinner every night and it seemed like she stopped at the grocery every afternoon. And then there is the amount of food we throw out; it almost sickens me the waste we go through. With this meal plan it's all taken care of.

One part I don't want is food fixed in the microwave though. She doesn't mind the actual cooking of the food, and we didn't get a fancy Italian gas range just for show:D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought you only cared for egg whites, chicken breasts and protein shakes. What happened?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  18. :D

I still do all of that too. But I need carbs and vegetables and shit. I can’t be bothered buying and cooking (or steaming or whatever-in-the-hell you are supposed to do to vegetables), but if they are included in the meal, I’ll eat them.

I needed a good way to get extra carbs and calories (plus a little variety), without a lot of extra work, and these meals are the best way.

I did 2 a day for the longest time, then got in a routine of only doing one. I would eat my normal breakfast, have a snack at 10 or so, then go to the gym. Then have one of those meals after the gym, then another snack in the evening and a protein shake before bed.

But eliminating that 600-800 calories from my diet made me drop weight quickly (my metabolism is really fast).

Without trying, I went from 220lbs down to 207lbs.

Because of that, I stopped doing cardio 3-4 weeks ago, and started getting that 2nd meal in there (I do one before the gym, instead of a few boiled eggs).

19. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

2 words to control weight....
    Portion Control
    Everything else is secondary
    We did "hello fresh" its nice..food is tasty. Price is ok.
    You will go through a ton of paper towels and paper plates though.
    We still do it every so often. Its a good product.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  20. THIS.

That is probably the best thing about those Eat to Evolve meals.

If someone is worried about caloric intake, they are great for that.

The meals are “just enough”. Like, when I’m done I’m not full. If there was more there, I would eat it. But there isn’t, and I’m fine, so I stop.

For people who have been raised like “Clean your plate”, those meals are great for portion control.