1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radiator replacement Gen 3 SV650

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 10-15, May 13, 2020.

1. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Had an off at the track back in Jan and it forced the radiator core back on the cylinder head and caused a crease. Didn't leak and worked fine up until today. OEM Suzuki rad is $450.00 .

No stuff in the aftermarket except for Gen1 and 2 rads. Having a bunch of experience in the cager drag racing world I can only assume that a custom rad would be more than the factory replacement unless someone could build a Gen 3 Rad for less than 450.00.

Suggestions?

TIA

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

https://www.motorcycleradiators.com

You could try these guys for repairs. They have done several for me that looked pretty bad. It will not look showroom new when it's done.

3. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Funny you should post that link. I had pulled their site up yesterday and am getting in touch with them today. Don't need it pretty just functional. Thank you Sir!

4. JBall

To clarify, when I said the radiator looked pretty bad, that was how it started out. They straighten it up, weld up leaks and paint them black (the one I sent them were black to begin with). They don't normally straighten fins up though.

Good luck

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Our resident 3rd gen racer used a 2nd gen radiator all last season. Those can be had for much cheaper.

6. JBall

Our second gen endurance bike has a nice replacement radiator that was gotten off of e-bay for much less than OEM.

7. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

well if a 2nd gen will fit so will a first gen, I used 1st gens on all my 2nd gen race bikes, just made small brackets to attach to frame, they are a bit narrower and a little more capacity, their cheap on e-bay also

8. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Well ya learn something new every day! Any particular supplier off of eBay?

TIA

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yep, like $75 cheap (new)

10. Tristan

found it-- bought from d2performance in 2008 for $79

11. Tristan

12. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

make sure its 05-09 2nd gen style. The longer 03-04 radiators dont fit with the hotbodies 17-20 SV650 bodywork.