1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would tend to agree. The Brainerd days were crazy. Although a couple of years at the Zoo at Road America got pretty crazy and parts of Road Atlanta was a very high level of debauchery. Road Atlanta was insane.

2. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

obviously never attended a Loudon National "back in the day".....

Chasbro likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The stunt show up and down Hwy 67 infront of the track. Guys riding 100mph wheelies while people are pulling out and pulling into the main gate. The whole hwy lined with people rooting on the stunt guys. Titties everywhere, campers on fire, people getting struck by lightning. Red hot header pipes from doing burnouts on sheets of plywood. The smell of burnt rubber in the air. Ahhhh the good ole days.

TurboBlew, MachineR1, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Agreed!

Not sure of the lap record for a 600 there but I'm guessing 1:39's maybe?

I haven't been there in 5 years but raced my old 600 there for 2 years - 2005 stock motor zx6rr and I managed a 1:46 flat - best I could muster with my limited talent.

Good luck to him if/when they race at The Ridge this summer!

Steady T likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

The time the plywood shot out from under the tire while a guy as doing one and sailed right into some chick. I mean creamed her. The fun stopped for about 60 seconds. LOL

grasshopper likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

The disease doesn’t have the country shut down. :Poke:
    Why do you care what other people legally do with their own free will, absent of treading on you.

cav115 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stop it.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would like to see concerts, motorsports and sports in general back, preferably with live audiences when the time is right. Do it too early and / or wrong and it will just create outbreaks and a backlash leaving them closed even longer in the end. That is why I care.

pscook likes this.
  9. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Totally a Brainerd thing.

10. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

The race was never off the table. What they were waiting on was whether the stay-at-home would be extended beyond our race date, which is obviously hard to predict.

Chand and turbulence like this.
  11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Some fans should be allowed :)

Attached Files:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Mid-Ohio at its best (worst?) :D

13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Stay at home expired here on May 11th. Our Dictator cannot extend it without vote by the WI legislature, and they want the state back open. Our Health Department Secretary is a former political lobbyist with zero medical background or training. She did some social work at one time before being an operative. So, there will not be any Stay in Home that would apply here in WI that would affect the Rd America rounds.

Monday and Wednesday nights from spring to fall, Road America has the 4 Miles of Fitness where you can bike, run or walk around the track. They have been doing that, along with recently opening the track for weekend camping. So, not sure exactly what any further issues would be.

[​IMG]

rafa likes this.
  14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How many people are showing up for the 4 miles of fitness?!? WTF this is bullshit. They can go run and excercise around there but we can't hang out and drink beer and rides scooters?! God damn it

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I didn't make it out last week, not sure as to the numbers yet. Some Facebook friends were posting pics from it, but it didn't seem all that crowded. We are still in late winter here, where it could be 32 one day and 72 the next. Once we have better weather starting next week it should get more popular again.

https://www.roadamerica.com/4-miles-fitness

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nothing like that ever happened. Honest. :D

17. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The thing about Road America is that (a little bit too much) bourbon leads to way too many Johnsonville Brat's and Heileman Old Style.
    Sis got a little pissy, when her husband 'slept' before, and through, dinner !

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Sean, that may have come off snarky etc.

I was working on the assumption that would have been done already, not someone going off half cocked.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You new here? :Poke:

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well the State court ruled against Wisconsin’s lock down, I wonder if this will change anything for the Road America event pertaining to allowing spectators.