1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica / Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 8, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Rode with a couple MA guys at Buttonwillow this past weekend. They're loading up and heading to RA for some testing this week. It's on.

evakat, 5axis, G 97 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Henrybgood2

Henrybgood2 Well-Known Member

Why do you say they are running on a thin dime? They have a 1m purse for the Superbike class, a streaming platform, handle their own TV production with shows on Fox, NBCSN and MavTV. I went to a race last year and they had a carnival, stunt shows and a bunch of stuff going on. It didn't look like they were penny pinching.

3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

No shit. After all these expenses, I'm sure the bank account is still blowin' up, yo. #makeitrainupinhere

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

We have 6 months to get over winter, you're not holding back the whole state I can garunfuckingtee that. Like said, RA is so spread out and vast there shouldn't be that much trouble to get around without to much troubles i would think.

Senna likes this.
  5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Assuming a bunch of drunk a-holes don't forget they are supposed to be social distancing, but this is Wisconsin we are talking about, so ...
    Also a few thousand people sharing bathrooms shouldn't cause any spread of the virus.

EvolveGT just sent out their new track day procedures for NCBike for this weekend. Their social distancing procedures all sounded great right up to the last bullet. Main building will be closed and additional portable toilets and showers will be available. So if you have a toy hauler / motorhome you are good. Otherwise not so much.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh please.

Everyone knows drunk Cheezheads piss outside. Honestly, being a plumber in Wisconsin must be a tough way to make a living. :D

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

We just need one series to say “fuck it” and get back to normal.

Whether it’s racing, boxing, MMA, basketball, football, we just need someone with some nuts to say “this bullshit has gone on long enough”

I had a race last weekend and it was the biggest turnout we’ve ever had. The silent majority are beyond ready to get back to life.

these loud mouth breathers can stay huddled for all I care!

let’s race!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's going to have to be one of those with the money to fight the government. Thinking Elon Musk may be the point man to help all of us out with his pissing match against Alameda County.

OldSchlPunk, CRA_Fizzer and JJJerry like this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Isn't there a rule where you can't ride a track within a certain time period of a competition weekend or they throw out qualifying times and make you grid at the back?

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I thought it was ok if you werent running Superbike or Supersport? I think the Twins, Juniors, and Superstock guys might be able to get away with it. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I expect to see some of the kids and twins peeps at Roebling this weekend getting track time. Not sure if they can get onto RA yet.

cav115 likes this.
  12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

There's a trackday there on the 25th that I plan on running. Assuming they're aren't any eligibility issues I'm expecting to see some MA guys there.

13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Bottom of page 11 in the rule book:

1.18.1 Practice and testing restrictions a. No practice or testing activity may take place at a circuit hosting a championship event in the thirty (30) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue for riders participating in Superbike or Supersport classes. Riders participating in Stock 1000, Junior Cup and Twins may participate in any publicly listed practice or AMA-sanctioned race until four (4) days prior of the first official practice day at the venue.

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Well I guess a Superbike or Supersport rider could enter the trackday under a different name. Just like Steve McQueen entered the Elsinore Grand Prix under Harvey Mushman. Hardy har har

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

It depends.:D

1.18.1 Practice and testing restrictions

a. No practice or testing activity may take place at a circuit hosting a championship event in the thirty (30) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue for riders participating in Superbike or Supersport classes. Riders participating in Stock 1000, Junior Cup and Twins may participate in any publicly listed practice or AMA-sanctioned race until four (4) days prior to the first official practice day at the venue.

b. Practice Restriction Exceptions:

Page 11 of 174

1. Official practice sessions organized by MotoAmerica.

2. Any activity allowed by Race Direction.

3. Non-permanent riders are not subject to the practice and testing restrictions noted above.

 A non-permanent rider is defined as: A rider that is not a MotoAmerica season entrant. In addition, the rider has not participated in more than three (3) events (maximum of six (6) races) at any time during the season. Should a rider participate in additional events after taking advantage of the non-permanent rider status as it pertains to Section 1.18.1/a the rider shall be subject to penalties for each non-compliant occasion at the discretion of Race Direction.

4. Riders acting as coaches for an approved school on a motorcycle of different displacement from their competition motorcycle and deemed to not be a competitive advantage. Requests must be submitted in writing prior to on track activity and approved by the MotoAmerica Permanent Bureau. Requests will not be approved at a circuit hosting a championship event in the seven (7) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue.

5. Teams may apply for testing exemptions in writing to MotoAmerica for consideration. The test must be open to all licensed riders and be publically listed as a MotoAmerica Approved Test. Requests should be made 90 days prior to the planned test.

6. Exceptions to this rule may be granted, with the approval of the MotoAmerica Permanent Bureau, due to reasons of force majeure. For example, where a team recruits a qualified rider to replace an injured rider, the qualified rider could possibly have practiced unwittingly at a circuit included in the Championships.

c. Riders found to be in violation may be fined, subject to grid penalties and/or subject to suspension from participation in part or whole of a MotoAmerica Championship event. Riders who are found to be in violation of this policy a second time may be subject to a penalty as decided by Race Direction or the MotoAmerica Permanent Bureau, including but not limited to suspension for the remainder of the season.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So an open track day or race at Buttonwillow should be good to go for any of the classes. Sounds like a no-no for any MA guys to be at the track day on the 25th? Seems like it is right on the edge with the first official practice on the 29th.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

1.18.2 Race restrictions
    a. Participation in AMA-sanctioned race events may take place at a circuit hosting a championship event up to seven (7) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue. Participation in non-AMA-sanctioned race events may only take place up to thirty (30) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue. Endurance race participation is not restricted.
    Example: A MotoAmerica event is scheduled to take place April 3/4/5, 2020. The first day of the event is Friday April 3, accordingly no AMA-sanctioned race activity would be permitted after 23:59 on Thursday March 26. Non-AMA-sanctioned activity would not be permitted after 23:59 on Wednesday March 3.
    b. Riders found to be in violation may be fined, subject to grid penalties and/or subject to suspension from participation in part or whole of a MotoAmerica Championship event. Riders who are found to be in violation of this policy a second time may be subject to a penalty as decided by Race Direction or the MotoAmerica Permanent Bureau, including but not limited to suspension for the remainder of the season.
    b. Riders found to be in violation may be fined, subject to grid penalties and/or s

18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I want to say 80,000, but I am just guessimating. When we do the Cancer run in October, we all use the single main gate and the line of cars on 67 wraps around to Rocky Knoll. When we had last years Shareholders meeting, same issue, and there is only 200 of us, and the line to sign just the waiver had us backed up on 67, butt clenched, waiting for a truck to come around and clout you. Track has been there since 1955 and they are still trying to sort out traffic flow......

G 97 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So many of them just won't understand they need to move the gates/registration/waiver signing in a lot further. Run more fence if you have to.

20. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

official email went out, only essential personnel and no guest/spectators/vendors at RA from Motoamerica

Senna likes this.