1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masks?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hotfoot, May 8, 2020.

1. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

OK it appears that I am going to have to start wearing a mask at work, ugh. Some of that work will be outside in hot humid weather. I haven't had to deal with that up until now, which was nice, but now it is a requirement. Anybody have any recommendations for where to get masks (local drugstores don't have any) and what is easiest to wear, especially in the heat? I need to do better than a bandanna but I am not too concerned about something actually protective.

Where do all the people out on the street get the masks they are wearing? No way I am sewing one at home, I was thinking of ordering something and was hoping someone would know something that is not too hot, maybe something cloth that is reusable and doesn't fall off a lot.

Full face character masks are not an option, sadly. o_O

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

My Mother is making masks & head coverings for the family. My step-brother like you, has been avoiding them, but Mom is getting material like the basic red bandana to make some he will probably wear. I am sure other BBS members will make suggests on where to buy some masks.

3. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

4. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I have to wear one at work. I have tried a dozen different masks/face coverings. They all suck in one way or another. Every one I try seem okay at first but after a hour drives you nuts. It's crazy because we have a 108000 sq foot building with 43 people. It really sucks

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

alot of FL construction guys are wearing balaclavas or dickies.

Cannoli likes this.
  6. sdg

sdg *

I've got a few of the salt armor masks (we won't go into their customer service) they are useless as far as this shit is concerned but work is non specific on type (we won't go into that either) but they are tolerable.

It's really just a spandex sock to keep the sun off your face...

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

We're having fabric ones made that say "cute women may sit here".

Banditracer and Fuzzy317 like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anyone try those things fishermen use to keep the sun off? I figure they have to be really light and breathable. (Sorry I don't care about the protective part just the appearance of compliance.)

These things

[​IMG]

9. sdg

sdg *

That's what I'm talking about

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lol... cant wait til a woke antifa sees that!! :D #metoo

11. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Safety theater

Rebel635, Steeltoe and sdg like this.
  12. sdg

sdg *

Yup

13. sdg

sdg *

I know our safety worthless piece of fuck who should be fired is creaming his pants daily because of this shit.

crashman likes this.
  14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Those are what I’ve been wearing . Work great , I’ve got mahi-mahi and tarpon :D

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

This is a great idea, if I can get away with it. I like the idea of being able to drop it down around my neck when I don't need it and they do look much cooler (temperature-wise) than a fitted dust mask. We were given one each of the blue surgical masks to get us by for now but with just ear loops it was hard to keep up with it if I took it off for some reason or another.

Just ordered a couple from Amazon, thanks to all three of you (TurboBlew and sdg and Steeltoe) for that idea.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

17. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The gaiters are hard to come by. I did order a couple from basspro today.

Amazon has them but the delivery date is in June

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm wearing one right now. I bought the first one, my wife has made me about a half dozen since then.

OP, worst comes to worst, you could jury rig something very much like this by cutting down a toddler size t-shirt.

Cut along the top of both sleeves, all the way up to and through the collar.

Put it over your head upside down.

Pull the torso up over your face.

Done.

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I was at lesco / site one (pest control supply house) and they had a rack full of masks and gloves.

20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

When I have to go into the office, I wear a neck gaiter up around my nose. Meets the criteria and is comfortable enough for several hours at a time. Remember, the mask isn't to protect YOU, it's to protect others FROM you.