1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: 500CC ducati based singles racer

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by 123user, May 7, 2020.

1. 123user

123user Active Member

Too much work, too many kids, too much arthritis. As much as I love this thing, I will never race again.

custom 4340 frame designed and TIG welded by me. You also get the weld jig and the bent titanium frame components I was going to use to build a Ti-frame. Tank is TIG'd .040" 6061 sheet. Using a Moriwaki tank cover with built it crotch brace.

Ducati 1000SS forks with 1.0 springs and gold valves and custom triple clamps (made by me). Ducati 1000SS swingarm. Ducati 1000SS shock valved by Traxxion Dynamics w/titanium spring. One set of 1000ss wheels and one set of Marvic cast magnesium wheels. 1st gen SV650 radiator.

Motor is a Ducati 999 with one lung removed. Crank balanced for 67% balance factor. Ferracci piston, compression is about 15:1 by memory. Euro spec 998S cams (have about 10 degrees more duration). Currently running a Mikuni HSR48 carb. Also have a manifold to run dual Keihin FCR's (a little more power but a pain to set up) Ignitech ignition on a TL1000R coil. Total loss ignition, although it'd be pretty easy to put a rotor and stator back on. Manual compression release valve helps with starting.

It is currently setup up with electric started. The whole thing is in the 250lb range with fuel.

This bike made 52.8 HP on the Factory Pro dyno at Café Racer Inc in Kansas City. Made 61 HP on the DynoJet at Motorcycle Performance in Madison, WI.

Bike is in Saint Louis, Missouri

418, MachineR1 and grandpanot like this.
  2. racerx43

racerx43 Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting- and pix?

3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Tell me more. Pics and price please!

4. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

You Sir, are a pimp. This sounds awesome! GLWS

5. zook131

zook131 Well-Known Member

5732083056_a3ce6d3345 (1).jpg

Killswitch likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

price and pics pleez

7. 123user

123user Active Member

Sorry, I am computer illiterate. Unless of course you mean burning Ducati eeproms

Attached Files:

8. 123user

123user Active Member

another

Attached Files:

9. 123user

123user Active Member

I have a video of it running this morning too but I can't figure out how to upload it

Attached Files:

• LH.jpg
      LH.jpg
      File size:
      133.6 KB
      Views:
    Buell1965 likes this.
  10. 123user

123user Active Member

So, originally I built this thing to compete in AHRMA SOS2. But then over the winter they changed the rules to limit CC to 450. It has a little track time at Heartland Park, Blackhawk, and Barber for a track day. Its got a lot of pricy stuff on it. I was thinking around $2K, but will consider other offers if it is going to the right home. Lots of love poured into this thing. Need to make room for a Porsche

11. yamatr3

yamatr3 Well-Known Member

FYI, liquid cooled is 450cc and air cooled is 610cc in AHRMA SOS 2.

12. 123user

123user Active Member

It was 500cc in 2010. Built bike, then rule got changed to appease the dirt bike guys.

13. yamatr3

yamatr3 Well-Known Member

I was thinking you based this off an air cooled motor, just realized it is water cooled.

14. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I would love to make an offer on this, but I would have to sell my RZ race bike first.

15. 123user

123user Active Member

A bunch of people have contacted me under the impression that this is an unfinished project or experiment. It is not.
    Here is a picture of me on this bike at Blackhawk farms before the tank was painted.

Attached Files:

rk97 and Jeff McKinney like this.
  16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Some of the builds that show up here are amazing!

17. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How's Bill doing at Performance in Madison? That's a Cool machine for sure. Crafty build

18. 123user

123user Active Member

The bike was on his dyno in 2011, he seemed his normal self then.

19. xTomKx

xTomKx Well-Known Member

very cool

20. 123user

123user Active Member

It comes with all this stuff.
    Spare cylinder, pistons, caliper, two rotors, OEM wheels, Marvic Wheels, spare ignition, spare exhaust, full sprocket assortment, rear/stand spools, and the weld jig with everything need to make a Titanium frame.

Attached Files: