1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dipped in mud and cured for 3 decades.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by SpeedyE, Apr 30, 2020.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Okay I just want to check with you:
    You do know what you have right?

And you know that it is a very rare and likely be most sought-after GSXR model ever made..

The value of a limited edition GSXR 750 is 3- 5x times what a normal GSXR is worth, and of all the GSXRs ever built in 3.5 decades, The 86 Limiteds are the ones that are going to appreciate in value more than any other that bike, quite possibly could be a 30 -$40,000 bike within the next 15 to 20 years.
    There a lot of subtle differences and some major ones, for instance the dry clutch...rumor had it that the dry clutch plates are unobtainable for any price , and when they did pop up they were ridiculously expensive.

I believe there are now a few people that are manufacturing them in the last few years.

Do you have the original body work? If so my advice is to not even consider a red and white paint job only consider the original graphics.

I wish I could have found a bike like that but man I never have that sort of luck.
    You are extremely lucky man to have that.
    I know somebody who paid $5800.00 just for "used " OEM Limited bodywork. He sold another one just like it for over 20k several years ago.

Good luck with that thing man A lot of people are going to be following what you're going to do with that you're probably going to get a s*** ton of offers....$$$$$

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    SpeedyE likes this.
  2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Thank you, RZ :)
    Yes, I know what it is/worth/parts/etc.
    I wanted a fun project, the value/rarity is sorta taking the fun out of it. It's cool, but it's also like (major responsibility) fack :/
    When/if I get it finished, it will be oem correct. I'll be long dead before its worth a fortune, lol. In my twisted brain, sometimes $ can ruin memories.
    I am actually more excited about the Fox shock, spare swingarm and Yosh pipe, because those came from WERA family, friends trying to help me (#Mark #Chris #Beeber).

I just posted cause I am happy/excited I am finally making headway and working on it, it's been sitting for a long time in the garage, then basement.
    I am just happy I am finally working on it :)
    Thank you :)

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

You should join the gixxer.com forum if you haven’t yet. I found a lot of helpful and valuable info there.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. This old Rz

I hear ya, while I appreciate original oem machinery...I much prefer things that have been modified.
    Much more fun to me

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Donate it to me and i will donate you some cash

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Get it back in shape and hold on to it for a while Speedy. Look at it as part of your retirement plan.

This old Rz and SpeedyE like this.
  8. This old Rz

That's what I'd 1st recommend...No doubt.

SpeedyE likes this.