1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dipped in mud and cured for 3 decades.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by SpeedyE, Apr 30, 2020.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Finally having time to move forward and make some progress. Finally brought some tools into the basement.
    Previous owner ran it off into a mud-bog, and parked it for 30 years, lol. 8K on the clock.

Spent a couple hours trying to get the airbox off w/out damaging it...finally succumbed to a google search, "Engine must be pulled to get airbox off", LOL.

WERA family/friends have gotten me a Beautiful Fox shock and an equally beautiful 1980's Yosh duplex exhaust system, and a oem spare swingarm. Cant wait till its done, I am guessing a year before it's done.

Goal is OEM bike w/ Yosh/Schwantz style braced swingarm and shock and pipe. Might do the 17" rims, still debating myself on that one.

ltdzzz.JPG

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    CLM81, evakat, TLR67 and 2 others like this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

What am I bringing back from Chris for this?

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I'll be the ignorant one... what is it?

4. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

its a oil and air cooled 1100 suzuki i think , but i could be wrong . good luck with the build and cheers .

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Nice Find! Cat wait to see the progress!

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It’s called a money pit.... But worth every friggin dime!

7. SpeedyE

86 gsxr750 full of mud, lol.

code3ryder likes this.
  8. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

When said you needed to pull the engine to remove the air box I instantly thought of my ‘86 GSXR1100. I had to do the same to install an air box. I thought I had read it was doable with the 750’s but you would know.

I liked my 1100 but it was made for someone 5’8’ and smaller. It didn’t fit into it very well.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

Yeah, it's crazy you have to pull the motor....I guess people were hacksawing them out when they used to install the K&N pods.

I cant ride no mo....I just got this as a project, to have something fun to do :)

K51000 likes this.
  10. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

with the blue wheels, the reservoir shock and that sprocket cover it looks like that bike may have started life as a limited edition or someone wanted it to be. I don't think the standard 86 had the reservoir shock and it should have had a hydraulic clutch piston in the cover. research the VIN number.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. Outsider V6 V7

I'm guessing it is a limited edition frame unless it actually has a dry clutch. The limited is the only model that had swing arm spool mounts in the swingarm. You may actually have a limited frame.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. SpeedyE

I have the full body/tank/title/etc, it's as you say. Its the bike in the pic w my dog on the backporch, from way back.
    I just finally got around to pulling it apart, and finally getting somewhere .... long road ahead, but finally moving forward w it :)
    TY

13. Outsider V6 V7

good find, let me know if you have any questions as I know a guy. LOL

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

You only know about fuel injected bikes, you're barely vintage. :Poke: :crackup:

15. Outsider V6 V7

ltd srad.jpg
    I'm so Vintage, you have no idea how long I looked for the choke on this Injected SRAD. LOL Hell I even painted the SRAD to match my limited. Getting clear coated this weekend.

16. SpeedyE

I saw that pic/post on the facetubes....Beautiful!!!!!!

17. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Mr. What kinda clutch does that have? Post a pic of the R side of the motor.
    You could have a GSXR goldmine there..if it's a Limited w a dry clutch.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

How about a pic of the triple clamp? It doesn't appear to be stock.

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. SpeedyE

Its dry clutch bike. Its all there, just needs literally every single piece cleaned.
    I was really wanting/looking for my most passionate memories bike, 86 black/red and found this one instead. Was looking for a 86 basket case to try and give me something enjoyable to do. Still looking for a 86 blk/red basket case, but they impossible to find.
    My life stinks, Trying to stay motivated, and finish the bike ..... :/
    I would like it to be showroom new, and then donate it. Blk/red, I would have kept to look at, bring back memories.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  20. SpeedyE

They polished the top-yoke instead of black paint on this model. Its a 1100 Yokes too (more trail?).