1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Infections - WTH?

Discussion in 'General' started by Montoya, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

After this medication is over, I’m picking up a lot of whiskey, still trying to process this. How the hell do people get eye infections out of no where? Woke up with some knee dropping light sensitivity and went to the ER the other day, countless doctors later and the surgeon today said yep, your right eye is completely fucked. Totally blind in it from a random infection? Apparently down the road, they might be able to reducing some of the scarring damage, and restore some level of vision, but that I shouldn’t expect much. Brain is still trying to process seeing with only one eye, it’s just weird and migraine inducing, still feels like needles in my bad eye. Thankfully I have better than 20/20 in my left eye, but my right eye has always been dominant if that’s the right word. Fuck.

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Did your mom not warn you of the consequences when you were a young teen?

In all seriousness, that sucks. If you don't mind, please tell us more about how and why this happened. I'd like to learn.

Losing my vision is one of my worst nightmares.

Best of luck to you.

Photo likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Oh man, really sorry to hear this. I hope you recover most of it and yes, if you can share anything with the rest of us, we sure would appreciate it.

Syphillis?

Too soon?

YamahaRick, Funkm05, HPPT and 5 others like this.
  4. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I feel for you! Out of the blue, I woke up one day with something called iritis in both eyes - it felt like someone cutting the back of my eyeballs with razor blades and sunlight made everything worse! The first doc I saw, let slip "Oh no.... oh my" before he caught himself.... The second doc had similar reactions - "I've never seen anything like this". I'm thinking, "This is just f-ing great, I just got selected for some pretty cool AF training, and now I'm going to go blind!" Before I could get my panic in high gear, the third doc tells me he has some good news and some bad news. The bad news - you have something called bilateral iritis, and it's quite painful, and it's going to hurt for quite a while. The good news - there's a doc at Ft Carson who specializes in this. Long story short, I spent 8 weeks with my eyes dilated and administering steroid drops 3 - 4 times a day. Wildly enough, after everything returned to normal, I haven't had any similar problems since, and my vision didn't deteriorate from the experience. I definitely recommend you go to a good ophthalmologist as soon as possible. I hope you get hooked up with some good docs to help you get better like I did. All the best, and feel free to PM me your number. I'll be happy to tell you a little more about what I went through if you think it will help.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ok, that shit was just funny. :crackup:

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

In the 80's I left my daily contacts in for like 3 months and developed corneal edema. One day woke up and just a little sunlight made me scream like a little girl. 2 weeks in bed with my eyes welded shut and 6 pairs of the GF's panties wrapped around my head before I got better.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Keep your dickskinners out of your eyeballs.

8. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Years ago, I bought a small bottle of contact solution for travel, same brand as I normally used. Used it Friday night and Saturday one weekend out of state, by Sunday my eyes were red and super tender, wore backup pair of glasses home, doctor gave me some antibiotic drops which cleared it up. I didn't realize what caused it until the same thing happened on a weekend a couple months later. Who would have suspected a bottle of disinfectant contact solution?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's fucked up. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Funkm05 likes this.