1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone with Bring A Trailer experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pass. Wrong color. :D

and I can't find a broom stick to depress the clutch pedal while it's off and parked. :crackup: Blow off panel looks to be in place. :D

But it's pretty damn nice and a true Alfa: "The tachometer is inoperative, the clock works intermittently, and the speedometer is said to display slower-than-actual speed." :crackup:

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

I've bought 1 car on BAT... Was really happy with the process, got a 88 porsche 924 special edition for my dad to replace his 78 that I didn't treat so well when he gave it to me back in the day. Really happy with the site. I agree, put one up there and see how it goes. Cars do better than bikes though

motion and Phl218 like this.
  3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

you mean iconicmotorbikeauctions.com? Very much like RSBFS; small compared to BAT for sure.

I lurk on BAT daily and have for a few years now. I would say definitely invest in professional photography session (the few hundred $ will pay for itself) and stay engaged with the bidders with cool stories and questions. People want to buy the story.

GarrettRick likes this.
  4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

motion likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

pics?

7. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I sure wish I hadn't opened this thread.... new places to seed pipedreams and consume time - thanks! :)

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I think, Iconic have a better audience for that bike than BAT. And, Adam is a good dude.

cpettit likes this.
  9. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

they are great driving machines.

you have a great example that would probably only be topped by a good 924 turbo or carerra gt. congrats!

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's a nice story and so cool you could do that for your dad.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

BaT is throwing shade on me, so I put an ad on FB about an hour ago. Word gets around fast and the bike's original owner phoned me to buy it. I'm probably selling it too cheap, but I'm OK with it.

13. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

BAT just had a 1,600 mile RC30:bow: auction go live, it'll be interesting to see how it does. I suspect it'll do well.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My aunt had the first 924 in Kentucky in 1976. Of course the 16 year old me thought it was the coolest car ever made and when she let me have it on occasion I was the coolest mofo in town. Well, until I backed it into another car at about 10 miles an hour and got to pay for the damage. Let me tell you, a $50 rear brake lens might as well been $1000 to me back then:D

Phl218 likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wow! I'm guessing 40K. That's nosebleed for a RC30, but that thing is nice.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The RS250R and T500 were both accepted, so I'm going to proceed as sort of an experiment. I'm happy with reserve on both. We'll see how it goes.

They were way off on demanding the 10K reserve on the Bostrom, so I would agree that its def more of a car site. But they do have a great audience of collector buyers.

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

18. sdg

sdg *

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

20. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

A little over a year ago one of the auction houses sold one for ~100k. Allegedly it had never been started. Had just a few miles on it from being pushed around

motion likes this.