1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone rides a MT-10?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Apr 27, 2020.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If you want to see an MT-10 being properly ridden, search this video.

CCEE4E51-30A1-4EBD-8F33-DF35DF7530E5.jpeg

2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I spent 30 minutes on one last summer - it was stock except for a reflash and full Yosh.

It handled terribly - wallowed a LOT. The motor is amazing though and as mentioned, if it's just for lazy days and putting in miles - it's totally fine but personally I'd either upgrade it's suspension (is the SP version offered in the US like Europe that has it upgraded already?) but more than likely I'd go for another MT-09 instead - I had one of those and once sorted out was a super fun bike and costs $4500 less. That triple motor is also a peach and it can get a great hustle on once fueling and suspension is sorted.

scottn likes this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Kyle Wyman took me on a 2 up ride on a bone stock FZ1 with street tires at NJMP..I thought I knew how to ride....Just sayin', that bike can hustle just fine.

4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I have a ton of miles on the MT10, both stock and modified. Great bike. For more track duty, it needs some love. For the street, a reflash is all I would do (on/off throttle) as the rear shock has enough adjustment for street riding IMO.

Ken

ducnut and Tj Hunter like this.
  5. Motofun352

I don't know why it is that Yamaha can't seem to get the on/off throttle thing fixed. All the other major brands seem to have nailed it. My '18 GSXR1000R was spot on, I still put a motion pro on it but more because I like a quicker turn to full throttle. Every Yamaha fuelie has the same glitch...come on fork tuner guys...fix your sh*t.

racerx13, TurboBlew and Bruce like this.
  6. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I was just about to mention Yamaha's inclination for mapping everything they make with a snatchy throttle.

Edit: motofun beat me to it

7. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

You're most likely referring to Eddie Copeland. I bought a new 2014 FZ09 in Oct of 2013 when they first came out....VIN ending in 143. Mine was the very first FZ09 seat that he did, and used mine for a pattern. Afterwards, it became the "Vern Lux" mod for the FZ09 seat. I literally couldn't make it from my house to Deals Gap on the OEM seat (just under 20 miles) without having to stop and get off for a few minutes. The word Painful, was a gross understatement for sure. I had the ECU flashed and a custom map for the Arrow full exhaust, put a Penske double clicker on the rear, setup for my gearup weight, front suspension reworked....as well as some other usual mods to it. Talk about a torque monster, that Cross Plane triple had some ass to it and with the suspension work done on both ends, it did very well in the twisty stuff too. I just sold it about 2 months ago and to be honest, I'm kind of sorry it's gone.

8. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Have you ever ridden a MV Agusta (forgot the model)? Talking about shit on/off throttle. Holy shit, I couldn't wait to get off that bike.

9. Motofun352

Thanks, Eddie Copeland was the name I couldn't remember. He's a seat genius in my opinion. My wife's 650 ninja's seat was a disaster too. The plastic side panels actually were above the seat so that they would interfere. He figured out how to correct the design otherwise she refused to ride it.

10. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

+1 except the seat doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others.
    For me it's the perfect street bike!

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

First few years of F3 model