1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crashfest/cycle jam

Discussion in 'General' started by todzuki, May 24, 2004.

1. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

OOOHHHH, PAGE 15!!!!

Do you have a brother named Phil?

(I bet that's not the first time you've heard that one. I slay me.) :D

2. Re: OOOHHHH, PAGE 15!!!!

No brother, but I do answer to the name Phil from time to time.

3. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

oh paige, where will i race when i come back as a 600 novice:D

4. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Why are you so hung up on this? Did you pay attention to what races were split? They're different friggin' classes run in the same race, which on most weekends saves time. When you have 5 regions, multiple classes in the same race are too much. Of course, with your experience with WERA, I would expect you to know that this can be a somewhat regular occurance.

5. JoeTassone

JoeTassone The Dude abides...

Oh, and I have $20 for whoever breaks the damn '/' key on Sunny's keyboard. This you/Sean/Mongo/WERA/organizer/planner crap is driving me crazy.

6. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Why would he want to interact with you. You are obviously an ingnorant tool!

7. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Whats up Tommy! :up:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't talking - even electronically - an interaction?

9. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

You are so right!
    Webster's definition " mutual or reciprocal action or influence"

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Re: Re: OOOHHHH, PAGE 15!!!!

"So whadaya been doing the past 30 years?"

"Drinking. Lots of drinking."

:D

11. Re: Re: Re: OOOHHHH, PAGE 15!!!!

You must know me from somewhere.

12. IF!

IF! Buford;02 Polaris&trailer

BTW, how many times did the guy with the crash rig ride around this weekend? Is it a record? I damn well hope it is. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, last year 200+ pickups 350 miles
    this year 300 miles (w/2 quads) and 125 PUs

13. Chupa Cabra

Chupa Cabra Scarier Than Scuzzlebutt!

A-i-e-e-e-e-e!!! Mongo, send Track Day Queen to Brasil! Dan too!
    I eat and leave Sunny turds in rain forest (In professional way, no?). Other guy so full of shit, I sell Dan super-turds to pot growers up river.

14. 13x

13x 13x.com

As my good friend Sam often reminds me:

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

Jim

15. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Absolutely wonderful quote from the Abester. But why is it that when Sam says anything it is always really witty and usually hilarious? I guess that could be said for the whole AOD team. But it's always the dummies who never shut up.:confused:

16. wera256

wera256 Well-Known Member

What an interesting thread.....I raced WERA for a couple of years and thought they did a pretty good job considering the size of some of the weekends they run. I am racing in Ireland and England at the moment and would race WERA any day......Your complaining about the grid sizes well you want to sort that bring in qualifying then, it's great fun..you go out do a qual session and then pack up and go home if your not one of the fastest there....Try 85 600 riders traveling 2-8 hours to a event only to run a 8 minute warm up then 15 min qualifying session then pack up and head home before lunch time..Atleast your getting to race.......Now these non qualifiers don't get there money back and sometimes they don't even get a non qualifiers race so they just go home. So now we're after doing our qualifying and they have the grid sizes per FIM reg's so there's 30 (22 at one track) riders for each race we still end up with races running over cause of crashes, cause of engines letting go etc. You get one bad crash that requires a helicopter and that'll really delay the day..It's unavoidable sometimes even with grid sizes per FIM regs so get some more race weekends under you belt and then think about it then or would you rather just drag injured riders off the track and then wait for the ambulance to show up so they can run the races on time.....

Also one other thing, pile ups, getting run off the track etc is not really totally because of the large grids...One National race I ran here there was only 19 riders and we had a second lap turn one 4 rider pile up.....I love racing WERA weekends cause of the people at them and the way they run the event.....There's allot worse trust me on that one, try having a meeting canceled half way through and not given a reason...How's that for planning......So who's going to lend me a bike....Huffy, cannondale anything my GSXR1000 won't fit in my suit case... :) :beer:

17. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

When you coming back, and where to? I've been known to lend bikes to our overseas friends. Say HI to Dutchie in Dublin, if you know him. I need to get back there this year...... Dublin is awesome.

18. rwball111

rwball111 Well-Known Member

Johnny,
    You are welcome to use our bike anytime. Well, that is if we ever get it together. I think that it is getting close.

Mickey

19. workerant

workerant Ride to work.

Even at events much smaller than CycleJam, races get split. Races get merged. BFD. It's part of racing. If you can't handle the uncertainty, you are in the wrong hobby.