1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The one that got away...favorite bike that is!

Discussion in 'General' started by DmanSlam, Apr 26, 2020.

1. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Here’s a few I wish I still owned: 46C0E39E-EBB7-4156-9274-9112E3D9DE35.jpeg A8249835-4B30-405B-A787-C088808DD576.jpeg 08507B5C-DF47-4492-A012-2ACC26297902.jpeg

stk0308, bwhip, 418 and 2 others like this.
  2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

LOL. I nearly spit my drink out at my screen on that joke. Well played, my friend!

50Joe likes this.
  3. DmanSlam

Nice pics so far. Always loved the RC30. And that yellow TLR is mint in that pic.

4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

The ones I wish I didn’t sell: All dirt bikes. All old.

First race bike, ‘63 Parilla Wildcat. Maybe the prettiest and rarest bike I’ve ever had. Knew when I sold it I should keep it. Got $250 for it. Needed the cash.

69 CZ 250. Pickle pipe, orange tank. Raced it west and east coast. Some d*mned junkie in my law school apartment building stole it.

‘81 Maico 490. And for good measure, my 79, 80, 82 and 83 too. These things were FUN to ride, like being on the back of a T Rex.

750 Triumph Trackmaster 1/2 miler.

500 Triumph Rickman Metisse motocrosser.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    stk0308 and DmanSlam like this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Has to be the Hejira framed Rotax single I built and raced in the very popular 250 single cylinder class in the the UK in the early 80's. I only sold it because I had no where to keep it when I bought a 500 to race.

Snett 10-84.jpg

Amazingly it resurfaced in the US in 2007 and is now owned by Ron Raven (Can-am on here) and I got to ride it again in 2008, twenty one years after selling it. The bike is due to be donated by Ron to the Barber Museum later this year.

pic 8a.jpg

stk0308, L8RSK8R, 83BSA and 5 others like this.
  6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

93 Honda RS125. At 5'11 and 185lb I looked like a monkey screwing a football on that thing, but man was it fun to ride! DSC08990.JPG

7. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

oh man, that's it! Now I'm sad for the rest of the day! Just an awesome bike, and contrary to others opinions, I threw this thing around Palomar Mtn for a few years quite easily! So much fun!

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

80 or 81 GS750 that got stolen. Just a cool fun bike.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had a few GSs. GS550, a few 750s, a 1000. All great.

Topped them all off with a mutt yeared GS750 superbike. Worked to the gills, CR carbs, three oil coolers to TRY to keep it cool and running, more steel welded to the frame then a soviet tank, ex works forks, tank and swing arm. Louder then a biplane with an early handmade ti exhaust. Ran on some crazy leaded fuel I had to buy at an airport and the oil was like $15 a liter way back then. Kinda wish I still had that. I need to find some photos of that thing.

Banditracer and DmanSlam like this.
  10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Thanks Phil. I don't get on the Beeb much. Just give me a call. And yes, I'm a tad OCD. Lol. My bike is dialed and on rails. Ready to take to the track. $3000. Ohlins front cartridges. Ohlins rear shock with remote adjustment. Ohlins steering damper. Power commander. Quick shift. Complete set of spare wheels. Extra sprockets. New battery.

Stumpy likes this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

1976 or there about, I drive over to the guy's house and OMG I have to have it , but I was too pig headed about the price and it slipped away

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I see a bit of sticker confusion :confused:

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I let a very low mile (less than 100?) V-Due get away about 8 years ago. It went for around $17K. Let a CB1100R get away about 10 years ago for $11K.

14. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

a few years ago I sold off my gp race bikes (6) including a tz250L and a 1975 HD RR250. both are currently in Europe.

15. DmanSlam

Those are pretty exotic. That CB1100R. How could you let that go?

motion likes this.
  16. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

2002 turbo hayabusa,1986 gsxr 750 superbike,stock 2008 cbr1000r and several 1978 z1r's.

17. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Paul smart racebike with built motor and done to the 9s .... ended up parting it out for a pair of 848s

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Boccarp had at least one and I think he was selling it when he was cleaning out a bunch of bikes if I remember right.

I f@cked up when he was selling a Bimota. Offered me a smoking deal and I passed. I'm still kicking myself over that.

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Prior to the 17" rear wheel conversion I ran Pirelli front and Bridgestone rear (18" BT090). This picture was taken just after the 17' rear conversion. Plus I was too lazy/unfocused/didn't really care about correcting the stickers. Pirelli didn't offer an 18" DOT or slick at that time, so I could run mixed brands for contingency. Official Pirelli or vendor decision, I got paid for running the Long P front (when I placed well). 'Stone didn't pay contingency at that time in my class regardless of entries.

20. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Always had a thing for the 2001 CBR929 Erion edition. One day..

cha0s#242 likes this.