1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yeah, but you think black wheels look good too...

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Because they DO!

Even my car has black wheels. :D

A4E696AC-E534-47ED-810B-D5BE775F544E.jpeg

noles19 and sbk1198 like this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I am currently in the market for a .44 lever gun to keep my new revolver company. I was not familiar with the Ruger so I checked it out. Used prices seem a bit much. Out of production Rugers seem to have a built in price increase mechanism. The Rossi seems like a good value, but I think it will come down to the Marlin or the Henry. I love my old Marlin 1895, but wonder if the modern versions are of equal quality. I bought my daughter a Henry .22 for Christmas a couple of years back. I am impressed with it.

4. nigel smith

KINDLE_CAMERA_1457189996000.jpg
    Black wheels! Pffft....

Wingnut, RRP and Gorilla George like this.
  5. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

What exactly is that? I think I might need one...

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Shotgun version of a bro-dozer. :Puke:

RRP likes this.
  7. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a S&W 1911 Performance Center .45

I’m in love with it. I also have a Kimber Micro 9MM. Surprisingly accurate gun for how small it is.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

fastfreddie likes this.
  9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Mossberg lever action, aka junk

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Is that you?! I figured you'd be the type to park inside the lines. :Poke:
    :crackup:

11. fastfreddie

This is all the tacticool a lever ever needs to be and, yet, it's butt fugly, too. It's almost shameful to molest such a traditional weapon in such a redneck manner...like murdering a Porsche with a rattle can. :D

[​IMG]

<edit> I take that back...it's a bad pic. It looks more better on Marlin's site.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Nigel, I have a 1894 Marlin .44 mag, stainless with 20” barrel. Bought originally to pair with a Ruger Super Blackhawk. Mine must be around 15 years old at this point so I think pre Remington ownership and factory move. It’s fun but isn’t a tack driver. I don’t have any Henry or Rossi experience. Unless you just have to have one, nothing wrong with that, I don’t know that I think the Marlin is a great value relative to other available firearms on the market today. From an ammo perspective I hope you reload, factory .44mag is not cheap. If you don’t reload straight walled pistol rounds, you should, it is super easy. I of course am intrigued by the current Ruger 77/44 but feel like the price point is just to high especially when the safe is already full.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got a Winchester and a Marlin. The good ones. Well, before the boat tipped over :oops:

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

9 times out of 10, they do not. This is one of them. Sorry. Please don't buy AZ's water supply to spite me now.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The shipping dealer was slower to ship than I anticipated lol.

16. fastfreddie

Just got off GunBroker...they have over a hundred Sig non-BDX Kilo1600s that you might wanna look at for $230-$250.
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/kilo1600-6x22-mm.html Click on the specs, too.
    I'm half tempted myself just cuz. :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    sbk1198 likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Swim for ‘em, whitey! ;)

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My grandson is 5. I have dibs on buying him his first rifle. thinking it will be a Henry 22. Is the brass version okay or should I upgrade? The daughter says I still have 3 or 4 years to make a decision.

19. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I was given a 22 mag golden boy
    As wedding present with my wife and I’s Initials engraved on the metal part of the handle. Pretty cool gun And shoots well. I a skinner peep site which makes it a bit more fun to shoot

Steeltoe likes this.
  20. nigel smith

I bought my daughter the plain old blued version. It was as smooth as butter from the very first shot. Fit and finish is excellent. It seems to be one of those rare products that just damn well does what it is supposed to do.