1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Master

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by 905, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Lando

Lando Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right, which I why I mentioned the adjustable fulcrum MC's.
    I checked out the Galespeed website and
    Here's the Galespeed table (same calculations, same assumptions) for your 40mm caliper pistons -- you'd need a 22mm MC piston to get into their suggested range of 90-115 "Total Ratio"
    upload_2020-4-21_17-2-6.png

warclok likes this.
  2. 905

905 Active Member

But the suggested is for street I’m guessing track/race is harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lando

Lando Well-Known Member

Here's a new table, based on the Galespeed calculations. They recommend 90-115 "Total Ratio" and it takes fulcrum into account, as suggested in one of the comments.
    I've got fancy brakes (Brembo Billet Monobloc P4 34/34 w/ Titanium Pistons) and the "world" suggests a 19x18 MC -- which gives a Total Ratio of 99.6.
    The table has been color coded using ~100 as optimal.

I left "Mr. 40mm" on the table and created an unheard of (??) 22mm MC in there to get him into the suggested range :)

upload_2020-4-21_17-11-1.png

warclok and rice r0cket like this.
  4. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

Thanks for adding me to the chart Lando, much appreciated. I don’t think I would go larger than 19x18, it’s perfect at the moment, plenty of feel and lots of power.

Now, I did ask a friend, who is one of the tranny mechanics on the GP circuit, and he confirmed what they were using was a 19x18. Now, I do know they make a 19x20 GP master, which might put us closer to the green on that chart, guess it boils down to preference.

Anyway, not trying to show off here, this is a very interesting topic, and always wondered how the recommendations come about.

Thank you and appreciate the new nickname, Mr 40mm, just don’t say that in front of the ladies...[emoji23]

Newyork likes this.
  5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Nice work.

One thing to note, is the Galespeed VRC can increment by 1/4mm from 16 all the way to 18mm for lever ratio (or 18-20mm for the 19mm piston), while the Brembo only allows you to set one or the other with no in-between.

Newyork likes this.
  6. 905

905 Active Member

Well it appears I posted this in the parts for sale area lol so who has a 17x18 master for sale?

7. warclok

I might have one off an Ape RF, lemme check the parts bin and I’ll get back to you...

8. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

9. 905

905 Active Member

Tbh everyone I talk to say 19x18 but they charts are saying 17x18-16 but when you look at the gale speed chart it’s trying to get you into a ratio of 90-115 for street use. What is it for race use?

10. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

I'll sell you a Brembo Mk2, standard lever for $110 shipped...if you want to try a 19x18.

I also have one with a folding lever, an RCS, and a Galespeed one...all 19x18

11. warclok

Hey 905, here is what I have. A stock RF 2017 ape brembo master. I’ll send it, you gimme what you think it’s worth. I’m positive it’s a 19x17...lemme know.

Ruben

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find where I got it from right now, but I have a copy of a really nice calculator in a spreadsheet that I can send to you if you send me your email address. And then you can "test" any imaginable combination of calipers, masters, fulcrum...
    It also takes in calculation the distance from the lever pivot to your finger(s), which is the other thing that most people overlook.

13. Track Snack

Track Snack New Member

Interested in the RCS. Have any pictures?

14. Eshber

Eshber Well-Known Member

Look at me! My brakes cost $69,000.00! Seriously, nice.

15. warclok

But wait, there’s more!!!!

16. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

any master cylinders still available?

17. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

HOl UP, so we're saying that the 08+ R6 would benefit from a 17mm master? I absolutely hated the RCS19 when I had it on the 19x20 option but 19x18 feels great.

18. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Why would they just vent one side and the outside ones at that?

19. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

And the piston heights look different between the two sides.
    Strange... do you still center the rotor or do you offset it? Pad thickness the same on either side?

20. AtlantaRoadie89

AtlantaRoadie89 Well-Known Member

Any idea what would be the correct size for
    2011 gsxr600
    2017 GSXR-600
    2009 Ninja 250

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk