1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I see you leaning toward the mag version...

I finally got my damn guns yesterday from rural king...what a PITA. They arrived monday. I go in tuesday, fill out my paperwork, and 45 minutes later they tell me the background check is "on hold". After multiple attempts to get status thursday, they finally answer the phone "oh yeah, we were just about to call you, the check went thru". So I roll down there again and now they're saving the world by allowing x people in the store at a time. Get thru that line, then yet another line at the "gun barn". By the time I got out of there I had about 100 miles of driving and 4 hours of waiting invested.

Funny Broome, I almost bought the Remington 870 Tac-14 they had for $330 (looks almost identical to the Shockwave) but decided I'd probably rather go with an AR-15 next.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

[​IMG]

Yep. I like wheel guns.

sanee, Gorilla George and scottn like this.
  3. Tristan

My GSG1911-22 is a nice looking piece, was a bit bummed it only came with one mag. Was WAY harder than it should be finding another, ended up ordering one of Ebay for $25.
    On wait lists for 25 round mags for the rifle I got (Rossi RS-22).

4. Oh yeah, that shits happening. :crackup:

It probably wouldn’t be worth shit for self-defense, unless you shot them in the eyeball or some shit. But damn it’s funny to me. :D

brex likes this.
  5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

PSA has been working on this for a while and I'm not sure of the issues but they turned it over to Leadstar Arms to finish the project. Leadstar is good at raceguns, they will make this right or it won't get released. There are other great clones out there but for my money, they don't hit the sweet spot of bang for your buck. I think they are all over priced for what you get.
    I can't post videos here but if you search youtube for shot show and the PSA MP5 you will see the gun in great detail. The features they are bringing are going to make this clone the best one on the market without a doubt.
    I've always wanted an MP5, being a GenXer watching that iconic gun in all the action movies has made me want it since I was a kid. But I'm not paying HK prices, even the new one is overpriced. Some of the clones have been tempting but not enough to make the jump until now. Again, the features PSA is bringing make this a no brainer.

EDIT: already have the 9mm pistol carbine - BTDT. I NEED an MP5!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Wingnut likes this.
  6. Tristan

I thought the .22lr hollowpoints I bought were amusing...at 4 cents a round you could put a LOT of annoying holes in someone for cheap.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You can look for a Mossberg scorpion, cool name and cool gun

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

He's talking about the Banshee. It's AR based (not MP5) but a radial delayed blowback which is supposed to be great. I have not shot it but the CMMG stuff that I've owned has been solid. I'm sure it's a great gun but I don't want it.

speedluvn likes this.
  9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's worth it just for the giggles and reactions. One thing you'll be surprised at is just how loud it is.

10. As small as it is, i imagine it would still be enough to make someone second guess their current life choices. :D

11. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thats sexy!! hows it shoot for a 2.5 inch barrel? Im looking to try the s&w 686 357 with the 3 inch barrel

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Color me skeptical, luv to be wrong but like toe alludes to, want an HK, buy an HK. Look for PSA to delay beyond 2020, this time they’ll blame Covid-19 hysteria and they won’t be bullshitting.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I made an "Alaskan" from a 10" 44 Mag. That was the most inaccurate SOB, ever! But then again, that's not its purpose.

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Hmm...I think we were talking about different things then. I'm not sure what mounts you're talking about. Doesn't the TBAC can just screw on the threaded barrel directly like most others? I was talking about thread adapters, to go from 5/8" to 1/2". Those are cheap.

Also not sure why you'd have to sight in a suppressor. It's not like an optic and bullet doesn't come in contact with any part of it. I see people taking them on and off every time they put their rifles in the case or take them out. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing the effect on accuracy is more critical at really long range, but since I don't really have any option around here of going beyond 500 yards, the change in accuracy should be negligible. Nevertheless, I'd gladly sacrifice a tiny bit of drop in accuracy to save myself going through the process of buying another can and spending another $800+ on one.

15. sbk1198

Can confirm, I have one (assuming you're talking about the 500 ATI Scorpion). It's so awesome and it only cost me $400 in like-new condition.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Any muzzle device can change your zero. Some more than others. Particularly suppressors.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yep that's what I'm talking about

18. sbk1198

But taking the same one on and off shouldn't have any effect, right?

19. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I Finally went and bought a cotter pin for my AR. I lost it when I was cleaning the dam thing.

I need to find a longer barrel for my PX4 but it’s not a popular gun. I like the look of a beretta with a bit of barrel sticking out.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Depends on the thread fit. Sloppy threads? It could mount up differently every time.