1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

1911 reliability is mostly about the mag/extractor relationship. Get better mags. I like Mec-Gar 8 rounders. personally have only had problems with Wilsons and Pro-Mag for what that's worth.

I suspect you have a bad mag, might need some extractor tuning (which isn't for novices) and actually looks a little dry for a new gun, frankly.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

TBAC makes some of the best precision cans. We were set up near them at SHOT this year and got to go play with a few. One day I'll get an Ultra 7 30 cal. For now I'm about to order a Dead Air Nomad. As I'll use it more on the AR platform (5.56/6.8/300/308) but still want something that I can use on a 308/6.5 bolt gun it's a good compromise. Then I can add the U7 later.

Steak Travis likes this.
  3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

After you try a bunch of different mags, you can send all of your rejects to me. My 1911 doesn't seem to care what mags I use, it likes them all.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Dead air makes good stuff. I’ve got the mask22 and my brother has their TI can. TBAC is pricey and I’ve got another can from a local builder on the way that’s going to be basically the exact same as the ultra 7 for $700. I thought the guy was never going to finish the can so I bought the tbac and was going to pursue getting my money back and wouldn’t you know he suddenly finished it. So now I’m about to have two 7” 10-11oz suppressors. Guess I need another rifle :/

gt#179 likes this.
  5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

And where do you find $400 suppressors for rifles at?? I'll be all over that if you can show me who makes anything even close to that cheap. Keep in mind it's $200 for the stamp PER can. So my $1200 was a $1000 can plus the $200 for the stamp. With 2 cans, now I need to pay 2 times $200 for a piece of paper and then try and find some cheapo cans which I haven't seen anything under like $800-900 for rifle. The way I see it, the less times you have to pay for the stamp and go through the BS paperwork process the better off you are. Adapters are cheap, I've seen them for around $20-30.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I paid $600 for my AAC 7.62-SD. Added $200 for the stamp
    Came with the 51Tooth adapter. Have those adapters for all my rifles so the can is portable between .308, 6mm creedmore, and 5.56.

sbk1198 likes this.
  7. sbk1198

Or sell me the one that guy made for $700 :D Form 1 takes less times to process anyway ;)

8. sbk1198

Hmm...that's good to know. I'll have to look into that. I've heard AAC makes good cans, but I haven't looked into the pricing yet. The only reason I was looking mostly at TBAC for rifle suppressors is because I have a friend that works there, so I figured I might as well get something from there and support that company, plus that means I can get more support or data on it. This guy's been working there in development for quite a few years and knows more about suppressors than everyone I know combined lol

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

If/when I finally get a suppressor, it will be a Form1 that I build. Just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money for something I can use for a year or so.

10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'm buying it as soon as it's released. The features on it are awesome.

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Immediately Post up how you like it and of its worth buying.

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Honest question, why the MP 5 clone from PSA? What about a CMMG banshee? Its available and I’ve heard good things, I’m interested in both, which one over the other and why? The CMMG is a keystroke away, the PSA is still vaporware, will it be worth the wait?

13. speedluvn

I
    Im sorry but I just checked their website and I saw nothing that resembled an MP5. Maybe I’m missing something. Can’t you provide a link or cut & paste???

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

You didn’t see anything at PSA that resembled an Mp5? Or at CMMG

15. speedluvn

I checked the CMMG website and didn’t see anything. PSA is the company thats suppose to be making the clone, correct? I’m in extended happy hour. Things maybe a little fuzzy at the moment.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Got my 500 rd case of Winchester Ranger SXT 147 gr delivered today.
    Made me happy.

17. speedluvn

Don’t those deliveries make ya sleep better a night???

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Sure does. :)
    And antsy. Because now I gotta go QC some of those rounds tomorrow.
    Should probably QC some of the 10K CCI SV .22 LR that were delivered as well...

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm well aware of how the stamp process works.

The TBAC CB mounts are $125 ea, not sure where you're finding $20-30 ones.

What are you buying it for? I assumed if you were getting a TBAC, you would be interested in accuracy and a accurate can is only as accurate as it's interface, which usually means you're going direct thread. Which usually means it's not leaving that rifle once you have it sighted in/setup for that can. It's the same reason people rarely swap glass across uppers/rifles.

They're nice cans, don't get me wrong, just as a first can(?), most will find more joy with more cans than a single "grail" can.

20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

They showed a prototype at Show Show this year, no?

Banshee is fine, PSA AK-V is fun as well, MP5 has been the quintessential PCC for over 50 years now though, I doubt that will change in our lifetimes.