1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've got an XDs in 45, it's isn't that bad, a 9 would be easy.

2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Have you looked at the canebrake by Sig? Probably easier to find. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-mcx-canebrake.html

3. The Grom. :D

A5D4B5FA-1D20-4650-B0F5-4A837D2E8E09.jpeg

ClemsonsR6 and lizard84 like this.
  4. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you didn't get the optics ready version. What's cooler than a micro-compact that you can put a red dot on? :p

EDIT: I was actually hoping you did put a red-dot sight on it.

6. I almost did, just because it would be funny to me. :D

They didn’t have an Optics ready version in stock. And I didn’t want to wait.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So you're saying you can get them at cost? Group buy time!

8. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Agreed, they are funny and I want one.

upload_2020-4-14_15-14-33.png

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

every site I know of has them
    On backorder sans one or two. And of those, the price is well over msrp. The best price I’ve seen is $2399.

10. So, the 1911 .45ACP I just bought last week won’t chamber a round.

It seems as if the spring is too weak in the magazine. It seems as if maybe won’t get the round all the way up into position.

Ive tried with 2 different kinds of ammo (defense and range), same result. It won’t chamber a round.

Anyone experienced this before?

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Take a photo of what's going on. It may be stovepiping (round is hitting the feed ramp and sticking).

12. I’ll try to get a picture of it.

It was weird because the first time, nothing happened. Meaning a round never moved up from the magazine. It did that twice.

Then I ejected the magazine, and put it back in. After that, one round after another went up, but not high enough.

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Did the slide fully close, or did the slide hang up partially closed?

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

don't have either but not sure about the HB but if you live anywhere nearby I know that you can order a Fix and actually go there and build it yourself. Not sure how they handle that these days (probably they don't) but it's an option. If I spring for a Q rifle at some point, I'd seriously look into flying there to build it myself and visit the place.

KB has a different personality. He rubs a lot of folks the wrong way, as does Larue and a few others. But they do make some cool stuff. The Erector can is pretty neat (I prefer something that's easier to clean but for lightweight and modular, it's hard to beat!).

Cawk Star likes this.
  15. It hung up partially closed. It was hung up on the round, and the round wasn’t properly aligned with the chamber (ass end wasn’t high enough).

Edit: the first two times it fully closed, but without a round moving up into position. That’s what I meant by “nothing happened”.

After I ejected and inserted the magazine again, that is when a round went up, but not fully, and the slide hung up on the round.

16. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Maybe the magazine isn't fully seated in the frame?

shakazulu12, Jedb and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. I can try it again. But I never dick around when installing them. I put some ass in it when putting them in place. Never had this happen before on other ones.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the joys of 1911 ownership:crackup:

I joke, they are my favorite handgun. But some of them can be super quirky for a bit until you figure out what combination of bullets, springs, ejector tension and magazines they like.

19. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

There is only one solution as you always say. Get rid of it and get a new one. :)