1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who's gotten furloughed?

Discussion in 'General' started by peakpowersports, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Beat me to it. The M-13 bacteriophage was the one we used for plasmid transfections of E. coli 0157. The M stands for Munich, where it was found to pray on E. coli in the sewers a century ago. The 13 meant, of course, that was the thirteenth variant of that phage family to be found over there. Ironic that it was found in an environment gaseous enough to knock you out?

2. Resident Plarp

It’s like flying over Iraq, circa 2006, only you’re not telling jokes over Victor.

:D :D :D

Gino230 likes this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Fuckin' frostback...:Poke::D

cpettit likes this.
  4. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

That one would be Spanish flue. Do your research why. Many disease are named after the place it started. Get over the libtard racism bullcrap.This is not a race thing. this is a nation thing. the nation of China fucked the world and should be called out. Not the race. Racism is the tool of the liberal narrow minded fools that let all our factories leave.

Please name one factory in our great nation that makes one pill.

brex likes this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Because it's the first nation that REPORTED it.

There is strong evidence, if you've read about it, that it came from a Kansas pig farm. US soldiers caught it and exported it to England. Because of a little fracas in Europe (nice country) at the time, it was kept 'unreported'...

6. Resident Plarp

There is no Spanish equivalent to kung flu.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Conquistadorian Flu will have to do ;)

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

In that case it would still be called the Wuhan flu, they also were the first ones to report it, no?

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Same here. My wife is now doing grad school from home plus working from home plus doing most of the kids' school from home.

I am apparently an "essential" worker. This is my first "short" week at work, so I'm only working 44 hours this week instead of 55-60. On the plus side, I'm still working and getting paid. On the minus side, it means my wife is getting clobbered.

10. Now that’s damn funny.

crashman likes this.
  11. Bull fighting doesn’t hold a candle to kung fu.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Buncha gotdamn ice monkeys up in here.

13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Three weeks in and I just washed, detailed and waxed my lawnmower...Getting bored...

evakat likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's funny, you should take a picture of it and make a meme.

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

MCO

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Well my wife joined the ranks of the unemployed this week.

17. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

20% pay cut here. But also cut down to 4 day work week, so I guess it's a fair trade...

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Still working in the highway concrete construction biz....We do mostly city, county and DOT work which means inspectors of some sort, are required to be on each of our projects daily. If they were furloughed or assigned to desk duty at home, that could very well shut us down.

My company gave us the option of taking a leave of absence and draw unemployment, if we didn't feel 'safe' to work.
    Nobody has accepted that offering, as far as i know.

We have twice the contracts ($50 mil) this year vs. last year. Hiring currently and all year round.
    Can you dig a hole with a shovel? Bring it, and use me as a reference. Start tomorrow.

SuddenBraking and Shocker like this.
  19. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Come to Florida if that happens. Our governor fast tracked roadway projects for construction since the traffic rate is down.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Why we're not paving the hell out of roads/ rebuilding/ repairing/ re-painting... there's millions of 'shovel-ready' jobs right there.